Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Ok,
    So my wife got herself a Lumia 520 yesterday :) very nice and all but the wierd thing is..
    They advertise with a blue version everywhere (even on the box) but there is no blue cover available?
    I've tried googling for it and searched all the best webshops around (amazon.co.uk and some from The Netherlands) but can't find it anywhere.
    Is it just not available here in Europe ?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Found it in several places in the UK online, but with carriers. The one site I found for just the phone said currently unavailable from retailers.

Are they just that hard to come by then ? hmm might give it a few days, maybe it'll pop up somewhere.. good to know it is not region locked to the US for example.

I bought my two sons a 520 from Carphone Warehouse a few weeks ago. I bought them with the white cases (black is so "meh") and then bought the red and yellow covers on Amazon UK. I looked everywhere to buy the blue covers but so far haven't found them available anywhere.

Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts
    Odd, Blue/Cyan is available when you buy the phone down here. As i got mines in Cyan.
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR

These look like they're worth a try though:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silicone-Rub...r-21&m1k=vb_wp

And I like the look of this. Wonder if its a silicone case or the actual cover
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Circui...r-21&m1k=vb_wp
    cyan is available everywhere in India

Well, guess they are just rare here in Europe i guess :/ thanks for your input guys :) I will just have to be patient then!

i`ve been on the actual nokia website and even they dont sell the blue cover!
    luckily for me,i bought my one from the cpw in blue,didn`t realise that the "blue" one was so hard to come by!

update......

some available here in the uk (link)

GENUINE Nokia Lumia 520 Back Battery Cover Cyan Blue | eBay

and here (although refurbs),hope this helps guys!

100% GENUINE NOKIA LUMIA 520 BATTERY BACK COVER REPLACEMENT REAR DOOR | eBay
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by whingygit View Post
    update......

some available here in the uk (link)

GENUINE Nokia Lumia 520 Back Battery Cover Cyan Blue | eBay

and here (although refurbs),hope this helps guys!

100% GENUINE NOKIA LUMIA 520 BATTERY BACK COVER REPLACEMENT REAR DOOR | eBay
    Hey! many thanks for stumbling upon that one! immediatly got myself a blue cover! <3

i got both black and blue cover in the box. i like the blue color but it is a slippery case while the black one is rubber feel and has more grip.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Carphonewarehouse sell them. I got mine there.

I have also seen blue backs on amazon and ebay. Will have a look and see if i can find them for you

Global Posts
    4,710 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Nokia Stores in the Philippines have 520 shells and covers.

In fact, I almost got one myself (if it wasn't for the fact that I own a 620.)
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?

Quote Originally Posted by jtsmak View Post
    i got both black and blue cover in the box.
    What? You got 2 cases when you bought?

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Harvey Norman in Australia have them in blue. It's what mine is. Perhaps they could ship it over.

Quote Originally Posted by jtsmak View Post
    i got both black and blue cover in the box. i like the blue color but it is a slippery case while the black one is rubber feel and has more grip.
    I bought my cyan/blue battery cover from ebay and thought the difference in the material was because the ebay cover wasn't original. Nice to know that this is just how they are. I too prefer the black cover's feel. The cyan one feels like normal plastic, while the black one is more "velvety" and just generally nicer.

I wonder if any other color than black comes with this texture?

My phone came with both the cyan & black covers (North America). I tend to agree that while the cyan cover is nice looking, the black cover has a more rubbery feel to it, which makes it less slippery when you rest it on a table, etc. I would suggest getting a protective cover for it in the colour/style of your choice (not from Nokia)...there are plenty to choose from online.
    How does the Cyan feel? I have 2. White and black. Loving the black more though.
    Hey gang-
    Stumbled across this the other day as I just bought a 520 as a backup phone. They have them all, genuine nokia parts near as I can tell. ;)
    Nokia Repair Parts - Nokia Lumia 520 - Parts4repair.Com

Thanks

-Doc
    Actual location: Inside the system itself.

Vaporwaremagpolydilithium- What Surface is actually made of.

never bought from this company but the product looks Genuine heard bad reviews for parts4repair.com so I will get one for my friend, myself and my mum from mytrendyphone.co.uk reviews seem very good for this company...

Nokia Lumia 520 Battery Cover - Cyan
    Last edited by msxbox; 04-23-2014 at 08:35 AM.

I have now purchased from mytrendyphone.co.uk I will update with how quick delivery was and how good the service is etc (they are based in Ipswich UK) looking forward to three cyan covers lumia 520 (for myself, mum and a friend)..by the way the blue/cyan wireless charging shell looks great for my lumia 820 too

Quote Originally Posted by msxbox View Post
    I have now purchased from mytrendyphone.co.uk I will update with how quick delivery was and how good the service is etc (they are based in Ipswich UK) looking forward to three cyan covers lumia 520 (for myself, mum and a friend)..by the way the blue/cyan wireless charging shell looks great for my lumia 820 too
    So far the experience isn't great the customer service are lacking a lot both webchat and telephone service are substandard and not very professional but I have heard positives on delivery we will see in a few days....at the moment I would not recommend them..

I have now recieved all three lumia 520 cases, and they are now fitted to our phones, so the product seems great and the price been as they are hard to find is good, but the service from the company isn't great so if you can deal with a substandard service then you should be pleased with the end result at least...(the one below is mine)

lumia-520-cyan.jpg