autofocus camera

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
there is definately autofocus functionality in this camera, do you think the lens is powered by a small motor?
thats pretty cool in such a small package

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Does the lens have to have a motor to have Autofocus? I don't think anything is moving in my phone when it focuses, I think it is all processing. Nope...it's moving.

Last edited:

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
i hear a click sound an instant before the camera takes a photo. and if you examine the lens, it is not flush with the glass,there seems to be some space.

my eyesight is not good enough to see the lens move however. i used to think it was done through processing, but when i try taking photos of close objects, i think it has to be done through optics to get that well focused.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I never noticed it before, but it appears my 920 camera does physically move when I take a photo, haha, but is that just OIS? The 520 wouldn't have that though... I can't hear anything either.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I never noticed it before, but it appears my 920 camera does physically move when I take a photo, haha, but is that just OIS? The 520 wouldn't have that though... I can't hear anything either.

Any camera that has an autofocus moves :), used to own a Nokia N90 and was fascinated when the camera made a movement when I held the capture key halfway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss