Can i put my 920 sim into the 520

MikaelSmoot

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Thought about buying the 520 as a backup phone or media player, can i put my 920 sim in it and use it?

or can I buy it without a plan and activate it through wifi and just use it as a media player

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
As the person above said: they both use Micro SIM, and, as such, should be more than capable of SIM swapping as you see fit. The biggest pain would be carrying around something to open the SIM doors on the devices, but other than that, they should work seamlessly.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
If you can find a competent ATT store they should have them there, the one I went to had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the 520, ended up just going to the microsoft store. Other retail places might also sell it but thats gonna be more hit and miss.

You can remove the $25 refill card from att.com, but idk the whole process since I didnt actually check out.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can buy the phone without a plan. I have an AT&T postpaid account. I took the micro SIM from my S3, popped it in the 520, and data/voice worked right away. The AT&T associate mentioned something about having to change something on my account in order for me to have data to work, but I don't think she knew what she was talking about. I told her that I wanted to keep data working on my S3. Anyways, with the SIM in the 520, I got 4G data/voice without any issue. I would imagine the same thing with a 920 SIM would work in the 520.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I bought my 520 from AT&T, they would not sell it to me without a $10 GoPhone account (I did not tell them it was for my regular AT&T account). I have heard that you can find some AT&T stores which will sell the phone without the GoPhone plan, but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

I turned off iMessage on my iPhone 4S, pulled the SIM out, put it in the 520 and it works perfectly. Voice, data, VVM, SMS, MMS, everything.

So, OP, given that you're talking about a 920 and a SIM I can only assume you're on AT&T. With that in mind, yes, if you get an AT&T 520 you will be able to freely put your 920's SIM in your 520 and it will work perfectly. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234