Lost icons on main menu - Lumia 520

cassj154

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have just purchased a new lumia 520 but somehow the email icon disappeard from the main screen, i cannot find it either on the second screen which is the application menu. Looks as if the icon was deleted or software uninstalled, although i do not know of doing this.
I did not have any emails on it, so that s not a problem, but can anyone help me get my email software back.
thanks
jc

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can you please check if it was a linked inbox. You might have unlinked them in some way , do u have other email icons?
Uninstalling that app is not possible in anyway, if it is still not available soft reset and hard reset can be tried.

cassj154

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
hi
thanks for your fast reply. Yes i do have more icons on the screen only the email icon is gone. I am new to this so do not know what to do. but i do not have other email icons apart from the hotmail icon on the secondary screen. But as i said i am all new to this.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ok, check the following settings > Email and Accounts . Inside it you should find all accounts you configured, find the missing one, say gmail and add it back or make necessary changes.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Swipe to the right where you see the list of all your apps, scroll till you either see Email or Hotmail/Live/Outlook (if you have setup your Microsoft a/c on your phone already), long press on its icon till you see a menu and then select Pin to Start and it should be back on the Start Screen.

If you were successful, I would strongly recommend reading this article:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8?cmpid=HH2APP

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Swipe to the right where you see the list of all your apps, scroll till you either see Email or Hotmail/Live/Outlook (if you have setup your Microsoft a/c on your phone already), long press on its icon till you see a menu and then select Pin to Start and it should be back on the Start Screen.

If you were successful, I would strongly recommend reading this article:
Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

He says he can't see it on the 'secondary' screen either which I assume is referring to the main applications list.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok this is what has happened... When you boot to your phone for the first time you get an option either to setup using MS a/c or skip. If you skip and after the setup is complete and you see the start screen, when you swipe to the right you will see Email as an app...this basically means no emails have been configured yet and you will get an option to add a new email a/c. After you setup your first email (in this case Hotmail), the Email app gets renamed to Hotmail since that's the default email a/c. After that you won't see Email as an app but you can get to it under settings >> email + accounts. Now for every new Email a/c, you will see a new app/shortcut appear in the apps list as well as on the start screen. If you want to merge multiple emails to show in the same app/shortcut then you can merge them as a Linked Inbox. The moment you do that you will see that the merged accounts no longer appear in the apps list/start screen but will appear as a new app/shortcut as Linked Inbox 1 or whatever you had renamed it to be...

I hope it makes sense...

Vijay RT

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
PERFECT ANSWER! Thanks a lot, I was also facing the same problem. Actually when I configured my facebook account, the mail icon was replaced by a icon named "ME" and it was big enough to be moved to the end, hence the space where mail icon was there, fell empty, it worried me a lot. But now its clear, thanks a tonne !

nsprakash

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lost icons on main menu - Lumia 900

Hi,

Not able to download any apps in my lumia 900 device. can any body guide me how to download and where to go??

Regards
Prak

egio

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a lumia 520 too. I have the same problem, but I noticed when I set up a new mail account (gmail) took the place and the name of the folder. I you set up a third email account
you' ll see another mail icon with the of folder (ex. windowslive, yahoo e.t.c.)

Karin Johansson

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem as above with the email with my Lumia 925, but when I now added a new email IMAP account no new icon shows up like it did for my hotmail. It shows in the list in settings but not in the app list or on the start screen. Do I have to start over all together but what happens then to the apps that I have bought, are they register on my account so I can istall them again? Hope for answer!

Last edited:

waqas ramdan

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
dear i have a problem in my lumia 520 that i pined some application to desktop but these are unhide automatically and showing their blank space then i go in main menu and try to pin on desktop but there showing that this application already pined on desktop

Brandon Hamer

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me.
I found it resolved itself, but only when I received an email:
> I did the downswipe to read notifications.
> Clicked on the outlook notification.
> Closed it down.
> The icon was there at the bottom of my start screen.
> I checked and the 'outlook' had appeared again in the apps list.

Doesn't really make sense. But that was my experience.

Gizmo89

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Good idea. I tried the following:
Settings>Privacy>Email
Switch "Let apps access email" to on, or just turn on for "Mail and Calendar"
Worked for me, how it helps something else.

tomhoward1

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
hi
thanks for your fast reply. Yes i do have more icons on the screen only the email icon is gone. I am new to this so do not know what to do. but i do not have other email icons apart from the hotmail icon on the secondary screen. But as i said i am all new to this.

Look in your apps for your email icon & pin it to your start menu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans