App for Lumia 520 with equaliser.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
No apps with equalizer that I know off, the api and access that is needed is not able to developers only to OEM from what I read.

simzzdev

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
The official Nokia 'audio' app (found in settings) does not have equalizer settings, like it does on the Lumia 920. I'm guessing the 520's audio board doesn't support it as part of the effort to cut costs.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
The phone is less than $150 off contract. Your expectations are a bit high.

And how is that then ? Because before the "age" of Windows Phone, we could buy phones half the price with double the features, including a simple EQ. It seems more and more like with Windows Phone we now pay more for less features. You want an EQ that every phone USED to have (AND still have on other platforms) ? Well, sir, then you have to pay an extra 100 bucks !

So how can you possibly, in your own right mind, be "approving" such marketing DEVOLUTION ?

Just asking from a very "logical" perspective...

Rob Betts

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
And how is that then ? Because before the "age" of Windows Phone, we could buy phones half the price with double the features, including a simple EQ. It seems more and more like with Windows Phone we now pay more for less features. You want an EQ that every phone USED to have (AND still have on other platforms) ? Well, sir, then you have to pay an extra 100 bucks !

So how can you possibly, in your own right mind, be "approving" such marketing DEVOLUTION ?

Just asking from a very "logical" perspective...

My wife's phone only cost ?9.95. Small cheap but with built in FM. My L520 costing ?149 had to wait for the Amber update to get that simple function....WHY?mmmmmm

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
My wife's phone only cost ?9.95. Small cheap but with built in FM. My L520 costing ?149 had to wait for the Amber update to get that simple function....WHY?mmmmmm

None of the WP8 devices had an FM radio until GDR2. Likely because WP8 didn't support it. The hardware itself was present.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
None of the WP8 devices had an FM radio until GDR2. Likely because WP8 didn't support it. The hardware itself was present.

So that again then points to one specific direction...
Brings us back to this marketing devolution and who has caused it, really.

The phone manufacturers usually CAN provide the hardware, but then the "functionality" is being blocked by, basically, a software policy...in the form of a platform "limitation".

If you really get to think about the evolution and marketing by MS on the larger scale, they really become much more transparant then they would like to be. Now that they are teaming up with Nokia, maybe they will still be able to fix some of their colossal mistakes...but it's doubtful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo