Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By genuine555

Hi is there any app which can be installed on Lumia 520 on which we can do equalizer settings?

No apps with equalizer that I know off, the api and access that is needed is not able to developers only to OEM from what I read.
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

The official Nokia 'audio' app (found in settings) does not have equalizer settings, like it does on the Lumia 920. I'm guessing the 520's audio board doesn't support it as part of the effort to cut costs.

Its kind of weird for a smart phone having all decent features lacks in providing an equalizer...

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jigarbhatt View Post
    Its kind of weird for a smart phone having all decent features lacks in providing an equalizer...
    The phone is less than $150 off contract. Your expectations are a bit high.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinegarden View Post
    The phone is less than $150 off contract. Your expectations are a bit high.
    And how is that then ? Because before the "age" of Windows Phone, we could buy phones half the price with double the features, including a simple EQ. It seems more and more like with Windows Phone we now pay more for less features. You want an EQ that every phone USED to have (AND still have on other platforms) ? Well, sir, then you have to pay an extra 100 bucks !

So how can you possibly, in your own right mind, be "approving" such marketing DEVOLUTION ?

Just asking from a very "logical" perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by genuine555 View Post
    And how is that then ? Because before the "age" of Windows Phone, we could buy phones half the price with double the features, including a simple EQ. It seems more and more like with Windows Phone we now pay more for less features. You want an EQ that every phone USED to have (AND still have on other platforms) ? Well, sir, then you have to pay an extra 100 bucks !

So how can you possibly, in your own right mind, be "approving" such marketing DEVOLUTION ?

Just asking from a very "logical" perspective...
    My wife's phone only cost 9.95. Small cheap but with built in FM. My L520 costing 149 had to wait for the Amber update to get that simple function....WHY?mmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Betts View Post
    My wife's phone only cost 9.95. Small cheap but with built in FM. My L520 costing 149 had to wait for the Amber update to get that simple function....WHY?mmmmmm
    None of the WP8 devices had an FM radio until GDR2. Likely because WP8 didn't support it. The hardware itself was present.

Quote Originally Posted by shmsnh View Post
    None of the WP8 devices had an FM radio until GDR2. Likely because WP8 didn't support it. The hardware itself was present.
    So that again then points to one specific direction...
    Brings us back to this marketing devolution and who has caused it, really.

The phone manufacturers usually CAN provide the hardware, but then the "functionality" is being blocked by, basically, a software policy...in the form of a platform "limitation".

If you really get to think about the evolution and marketing by MS on the larger scale, they really become much more transparant then they would like to be. Now that they are teaming up with Nokia, maybe they will still be able to fix some of their colossal mistakes...but it's doubtful.