- 08-06-2013, 07:41 AM #1
Hi WP experts,
I bought a Lumia 520 AT&T GoPhone from Amazon and put the SIM from my on-contract Sammy Focus.
I had to trim some of the plastic off the SIM card to get it in but once I did it seemed to work and I can receive calls. The problem is I seem to have no data connection.
Does anyone know what I need to do to get the data working on the new phone? Do I have to contact AT&T to do something or is there a setting on the phone I can change ?
- 08-06-2013, 08:41 AM #4
It may be that AT&T have not installed it by default, I know mine didn't come with it.
Unfortunately its not in the store but you can find links to it here Nokia updates Access Point for Windows Phone with mysterious improvements | Windows Phone Central you will need to download it, so hope you are near wifi if your 3g data isn't working.
- 08-06-2013, 09:24 AM #6
Also, could it be that the IMEI is not registered on the account.. If you just swap, sometimes it does not work.. I know because i used to work with AT&T and had tons of customers with these problems. Access point should solve it, but if it doesn't call CS
- 08-07-2013, 08:25 AM #10
This is where marketing has made things confusing.
In the UK we have 2G (voice and text) 3G, including 3G+ and H, H+ (internet etc) and 4G (faster Internet etc)
In the US (AT&T at least) the have called H and H+ 4G and what we call 4G they have called 4G LTE, so in access point it only says 3G but if the front of the phone says 4G you will be getting the faster speed just not LTE which the phone doesn't support.
Clear as mud
- By yashshah7197 in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 7Last Post: 08-24-2013, 06:17 PM
- By Rob van Uden in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 10Last Post: 08-06-2013, 10:03 PM
- By mhans311 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2013, 10:35 AM
- By kumarsaurabhraj in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2013, 08:55 AM
- By bryantest in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2013, 07:06 AM