lumia 520 not starting up

Dan Hamm

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
For everyone here, I had a similar issue and found the issue was due to a loose battery connectors I found while the battery was in i wedged a small piece of folded paper between the phone and the right side of the battery (make sure it's the right side). As I've found the 520 has poor quality battery receivers. This trick solved all reboots and failing to charge for me.... No issues ever since. Hope this helps even a few of you

This totally worked on my 520. Thanks!!!!

Anuja Seereeram

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
this was happening to me aswell and i bought a new battery and it worked fine but one day the battery was low and it fell and the battery fell out and it has started again

dorne50

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
For everyone here, I had a similar issue and found the issue was due to a loose battery connectors I found while the battery was in i wedged a small piece of folded paper between the phone and the right side of the battery (make sure it's the right side). As I've found the 520 has poor quality battery receivers. This trick solved all reboots and failing to charge for me.... No issues ever since. Hope this helps even a few of you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dorne50

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
You are bloody brilliant, I have been worry about not having a fone until I tried your magic paper wedgy suggestion! It worked first time, thank you so much you have made my day. ��

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hallo to all which still have this problem!
searching on google helped me to find a perfect decision for this problem with windows not starting on my nokia lumia 520
if you have this problem just go on google and write download Lumia Software Recovery Tool 5.0.7 (it`s for free) ( when you will install it,open the program- after connect your phone and press on "my phone doesn`t start up*-or something like that. it will show you that you can connect only one phone but ignore that and wait few minutes,it will show your phone and you need to click on next to start downloading the new phone software,and wait until it finish) thats it.
i hope that this will help to someone somewere there !!!
cheers!

Last edited:

Shaymetye

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Hallo to all which still have this problem!
searching on google helped me to find a perfect decision for this problem with windows not starting on my nokia lumia 520
if you have this problem just go on google and write download Lumia Software Recovery Tool 5.0.7 (it`s for free) ( when you will install it,open the program- after connect your phone and press on "my phone doesn`t start up*-or something like that. it will show you that you can connect only one phone but ignore that and wait few minutes,it will show your phone and you need to click on next to start downloading the new phone software,and wait until it finish) thats it.
i hope that this will help to someone somewere there !!!
cheers!

Is there any way to do this any not lose everything?

Hatiah Begum

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
How did that work? Thanks so much. I just put a piece of folded paper in between my battery and phone on the right side and it worked! How did you even discover that? Wow the battery connectors are **** then.

Manoj Selvin

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Just remove Simcard and Memory card from mobile then press power button it worked..!!!
it will be like a joke to u but trust me it really worked

tawcutie

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
This totally worked on my 520. Thanks!!!!

How did you do it? I tried to put the paper and all that pops up is the low battery sign. I put the phone on the charger but it goes back to showing the Nokia and Blue screen. HEL! I have only had this Lumia 520 for about a week.

lokesh ahirwar1

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes, Lithium-ion batteries have a nasty habit of refusing to charge if they are allowed to drain completely. If this has happened to yours then you may have to buy another battery. However, try leaving it plugged in for a few hours to see if it does charge back up again. If it doesn't, then you will have to get a new battery.

#### Step by step
1)First you should take off SD card and sim from phone
2) remove battery then put it again
3)hold down power off button until it vibrates then release it
4) hold down vol Down button until you see exclamation marks
5) then do the following as fast as you do
a) press Vol Up then vol Down then Power Off then Vol Down
6) if its not working repeat the steps from 1) to 5 a)
7) then you see spining wheel on screen (means successful)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb