Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Are there any original batteries that is the same size as the L520 ones? I really want to change it since it only lasts for 1 day with wifi on only and had to turn brightness to medium because the screen is very dark on auto/low
    Last edited by bclp09; 08-11-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Hmm. The largest battery that fits in the 520 is the BL-5J, which it comes with.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    Hmm. The largest battery that fits in the 520 is the BL-5J, which it comes with.
    There is on eBay that is 2450 mAh. I've thought about it, but so far, battery life is adequate for me. By the time I get home from an 8 hour work day, I have 70% left. I also keep a charger at work just in case.

Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Magm View Post
    There is on eBay that is 2450 mAh. I've thought about it, but so far, battery life is adequate for me. By the time I get home from an 8 hour work day, I have 70% left. I also keep a charger at work just in case.
    If you do buy it, you'll have a big problem: the shell. It simply won't fit.

On a side note, id you want better battery life, just buy a backup BL-5J or a BL-4J. Any of them will work perfectly, as long as you use the newer batteries (the ones with 1430 mAh and 1300 mAh,respectively.)
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

I have the same question... And how is it that someone batteries with normal usage lasts 2 (and more) days and someone barely 1 day?

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    If you do buy it, you'll have a big problem: the shell. It simply won't fit.

On a side note, id you want better battery life, just buy a backup BL-5J or a BL-4J. Any of them will work perfectly, as long as you use the newer batteries (the ones with 1430 mAh and 1300 mAh,respectively.)
    Has anyone tried one of these higher capacity batteries to see if that is true that it does not fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia_520 View Post
    I have the same question... And how is it that someone batteries with normal usage lasts 2 (and more) days and someone barely 1 day?
    People's usage cases vary widely, maybe some things are turned off, others on, "normal" for me probably isn't the same as normal for someone else per se.

I've followed these instructions, so hope that this will increase battery life...

FAQ: FAQ - How can I prolong my battery life on my Nokia Lumia? - Nokia - USA

EDIT: In my case, after these instructions above, my battery last longer. Earlier, battery for me lasted about 24h, now after 24h (with alot of music listening, camera, apps running, tons of sms, calls...) I still have 40% more :)
    Last edited by Lumia_520; 08-13-2013 at 02:08 AM.

hey, i just bought Nlumia 520 and not satisfied with battery life. Can i use battery of 2430 mah(BL-5J) instead of 1430 maH

Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by dhruvribu View Post
    hey, i just bought Nlumia 520 and not satisfied with battery life. Can i use battery of 2430 mah(BL-5J) instead of 1430 maH
    Unless you want to use the phone without the shell, you can't. You can buy backups, though.