When will Amber update for Lumia 520 RM-914 will available in India ?

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Lol yeah it should be as Nokia have set the target for end of september to complete rollout .. what i'am asking is anytime sooner ?? what is waiting for approval ??

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
OMG! I am gonna become so angry if it will come only by end of September. I cant even wait for it until Aug 30. And I think September end is the Dead End for the complete release of the update all over the world and not just for Lumia 520 in India. Hope it comes in a week. :(. I expected that I will get it as a Independence Day Gift.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
yeah .. but it's still on waiting for approval .. I don't know what exactly it means but I guess it's latter than coming soon ... lumia 520 will get update after 820 & 620 with or after 720

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am eagerly waiting for gdr2 on my 520 as well. I don't think it will take end of september for the update. You can always contact Nokia Care for prior flashing or update. They get it before we get it ota.

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
yup right .. but it's very hectic going there .. I guess OTA is convenient ...

Ota is like self-dependence but Nokia Care is preferable in places like India for afaik, gdr2 will require a wifi connection and in places like India, getting a wifi network is rare for people mostly rely on cellular data. At least I do, dunno about others. I would really love to get an update via cellular data instead of going in search of a wifi network. For that purpose Nokia Care is fine.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
yeah right .. i'm also from India and I know this.. but question is news about its availability we can't go everyday to them to enquire .. :-D

FlawlessSayan

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Dude you cannot download files above 50 mb via mobile network in any way. Its a limitation by Microsoft and there's no way to skip it
So lets mourn...

manii001

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
bro i have bough lumia from dubai... and it says it is from india.. a airtel tag is on the box .. now when i went to the software update there was no update for the phone. but my friend has his lumia 520 and it was updated today.. why is that ?? and is your phone updated ??

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I would highly recommend everyone check their phone for the gdr2 update as the website is not up to date.

I'm on o2 in the uk, and the website says awaiting approval but im installing gdr2 now via the phone update.

So to reiterate, the website is not up to date so check your phones.

Nilesh Gupta

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i downloaded Today some updates for my Lumia 520 . It still shows Firmware Number : 1030.6408.1309.0002 . I am not able to find radio. I am not able to see in Extra + Info "Lumia Amber " . Please help Windows Phone team. Is it in India still takes time for few more customers Lumia 520 ?

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
i downloaded some updates for my Lumia 520 . It still shows Firmware Number : 1030.6408.1309.0002 . I am not able to find radio. I am not able to see in Extra + Info "Lumia Amber " . Please help Windows Phone team. Is it in India still takes time for few more customers Lumia 520 ?

The firmware you have is not GDR2

Nilesh Gupta

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The firmware you have is not GDR2

I did Today " Reset My Phone" . Still i am not able to get the latest update from my wi fi in my house .

Is it this Firmware GDR2 not possible for my Nokia Lumia 520 , as i bought just after it was launched in India. Or i need to just go to nearest Nokia Care and ask for this firmware GDR2. Please help .

Abhi iyer

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I did Today " Reset My Phone" . Still i am not able to get the latest update from my wi fi in my house .

Is it this Firmware GDR2 not possible for my Nokia Lumia 520 , as i bought just after it was launched in India. Or i need to just go to nearest Nokia Care and ask for this firmware GDR2. Please help .

There is no use even if you take it to the nokia care. The amber update is available only through OTA with them and also when i enquired with them what the said was the update is now being rolled out product code wise and amber will be available to all models by the end of this month. The same happened with me when i updated my phone about 3 days back and found no features at all. I am waiting till the end of the month else will update it manually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3