Official Lumia 520 Amber Update Thread

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I donno what happened.. I saw that Amber update for 520 was available and now when I just checked any updates for my phone, It started downloading by its own O.O

Lumia is so creepy at times.. I can still access my phone.. It has not been switched off or anything .. am I freaking out?

It did that for me, did you check the setting for enabling auto updates if data allows?

Karthika KK

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Oki someone guide me.. The update shows its ready to be installed.. Now I have my sim and memory still inside my phone.. Should I take it out?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Oki someone guide me.. The update shows its ready to be installed.. Now I have my sim and memory still inside my phone.. Should I take it out?

No, just keep the internet connection to the phone stable and wait, it will show spinning gears and within 15-30 minutes, sometimes longer the phone shall start back up.

Karthika KK

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My phone has successfully been updated to amber.. Have radio.. Call filter.. Data sense..

But now my question is where is this option to enable flip to silence option??!

sharathu7

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine is just stuck at preparing to install and loaded upto 100%... nothing is happening after that... :( still waiting...

Update: Now its working... its installing.... hurray... :grin::smile:

Karthika KK

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Sadly I dont find the update exciting.. I feel like the phone is the same as it was before the update.. only 2-3 additions.. Not much big changes.. If the glance and double tap for wake up was there it would have been much better and exciting.. Sadly Windows failed to impress their valuable customers of L520 which constitutes around 27% of their market share.. :/

Pradeep Chanti

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Brother how do you update through wifi or 3g connection.you are from which state and place.i am getting an error number is 80072ee2
anyone please help me

Anil Prajapati1

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 520 to amber OTA today, and i didn't get any new features at all. No data sense, no radio, no flip to silence etc.

only os update

when firmware update comming

wp update 1.JPG
wp update 21.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos