Unable to connect lumia 520 with laptop through wifi

Preet1492

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I am having a broadband connection with my laptop.I tried to connect my lumia 520 to my laptop for internet access but the hot spot was not visible in search on my windows phone.Although it was visible in my brother's nokia E63 phone.Please as i want to utilze my unlimited broadband data plan. :unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

Preet1492

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes i have searched it manually but even that does not help.
i have read somewhere that lumia does not connect with an adhoc wifi network.Is it true??? if yes what else can i do to connect it with my laptop wifi ...

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes i have searched it manually but even that does not help.
i have read somewhere that lumia does not connect with an adhoc wifi network.Is it true??? if yes what else can i do to connect it with my laptop wifi ...

Unfortunately that's true... :unhappy: But you can try connectify me :smile:

Last edited:

Preet1492

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
a new problem ... though i was able to create wifi router and my lumia 520 detected it and connected to to it but still internet is not working on my lumia 520 ... please help as all other devices when connected to same router have internet access on them .. :unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

andersongraham007

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
So finally, I got someone to help for this particular topic I literally mastered with!
lol... No problem dear. you can connect it as easily as having snacks while you are really hungry :p

Don't use Antivirus programs like AVG ( that troubled me a lot)
simply use Microsoft security essentials ,avira etc . ( you can experiment with those)

Use connectify, the free version is helpful enough!
you can get that program from Connectify - Turn your PC into a Wi-Fi Hotspot and Get Faster Internet

Simply create a wpa2 secured network.

If still you can't find the hotspot in your device.
don't worry! I have the solution.
For this make sure your wifi network card in your laptop is using 802.11 b/g wireless mode,
This mode uses 2.4GHz bandwidth of frequency, which is detectable in mobile devices like ours, If your laptop transmits 5.2GHz or like that, your device will not find it!
so to make sure your device is using 802.11 b/g mode,
Steps:
1.Open network and sharing center
2.Click on "Change Adapter Settings"
3. FInd your wifi card from there
(mine is "Inter(r) Centrino(r) Advanced-N 6200 AGN"
4.Right click>go to properties > configure>Advanced>Wireless Mode>select 802.11 b/g
For help see the picture.

And use the connectify.
It will connect for sure and enjoy!
Help.jpg

Kangkan Kakaty

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
i'm facing the same problem but have not been able to solve it. my wifi card is Atheros AR5B97. i did not find any 802.11 b/g wireless mode under the advanced tab. please help.

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
A solution which worked for me:
I have Nokia Lumia 520 to be connected to a windows 7 laptop so that i can use the internet connection on the laptop to be shared to my phone. So I did this:
1.Go to "Network and Sharing Center".
2.Select "Set up a new connection or network".
3.Select "Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network".
4.Click Next.
5.Click Next.
6.Type a Network Name and Security Key.Also tick mark the "Save this network".
7.Click Next.
8.Click Close.
Now download and install the "Virtual Router Manager v1.0".
1.Open the program "Virtual Router Manager v1.0" and type in the network name and password for what you had given before when you created the network.
2.Now select the shared connection which will be the connection which provides you internet.(For me it was "Local Area Connection").
3.Now press "Start Virtual Router".
4.Go to Settings->WiFi in your Nokia Lumia 520 and turn it on.
4.If everything has gone right, the network will be identified and you may use the connection by entering the password.
Hope this helps for all having this problem.... Please give feedback..............

Amit Aier

May 1, 2014
Visit site
You can try this Tutorial on my blog it works perfectly fine for my iphone and android as well.... not tried lumia but as you had asked that you doubt lumia cannot connect to Ad-hoc.. This software in the tutorial creates a wifi hotspot so it is as good as you are connecting to a wifi router....

alludus

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
A solution which worked for me:
I have Nokia Lumia 520 to be connected to a windows 7 laptop so that i can use the internet connection on the laptop to be shared to my phone. So I did this:
1.Go to "Network and Sharing Center".
2.Select "Set up a new connection or network".
3.Select "Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network".
4.Click Next.
5.Click Next.
6.Type a Network Name and Security Key.Also tick mark the "Save this network".
7.Click Next.
8.Click Close.
Now download and install the "Virtual Router Manager v1.0".
1.Open the program "Virtual Router Manager v1.0" and type in the network name and password for what you had given before when you created the network.
2.Now select the shared connection which will be the connection which provides you internet.(For me it was "Local Area Connection").
3.Now press "Start Virtual Router".
4.Go to Settings->WiFi in your Nokia Lumia 520 and turn it on.
4.If everything has gone right, the network will be identified and you may use the connection by entering the password.
Hope this helps for all having this problem.... Please give feedback..............

Thanks a lot man! Works perfectly.

Atulya Patel

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
when i am typing the Network name and security key and clicking Next button it says Windows could not set up "network name"... what to do?? plzz help

Atulya Patel

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
when i am typing the Network name and security key and clicking Next button it says Windows could not set up "network name"... what to do?? plzz help

sagar babu

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
hi freinds,

am using lumia535 i got same problem i can connect wifi from windows 7 version pc to my mobile................
i cant access my version 8 and 10 pc to lumia 535, why windows 8 and 10 version not supporting to connectify wifi from pc my windows mobile

pls gv me reason and if can i update any new updates inform,,,,,,,,,,, i tried so many ways nothing was working in future we cant use this type of mobiles becoz any samung apple all android mobile was supporting wifi nices only we facing problem in windows phone, and imo also not supporting.................... possible plz recitify the problem,,,,,,,,,,, not possible inform me to dont buy the nxt in future...........

waiting for your reply
thanks for supporting team of micro soft

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss