Nokia Lumia 520: Where do the downloads go?

AkyemOda

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm no computer geek...started using windows phone two days ago. Lumia 535. I was facing the same problem...couldn't copy files i have downloaded via opera mini to my pc because they were no where to be found. But i found a way around it. Don't know if it would work for you. When you tap and hold the file you downloaded on the opera mini Downloads window, and option menu appears. The last of which is the "move" option. You can tap on it to move the file to any of the folders on your phone. you can later connect to you pc and copy the files. It works for even unsupported files.

AkyemOda

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I have downloaded some files using Opera Mini browser. I can open them in the application but would like to transfer them to my pc, how do I find them, all the file manager apps I have tried only show Documents, Videos, Pictures, Downloads (and they're not there) etc. Is there a file manager you recommend?

I'm no computer geek...started using windows phone two days ago. Lumia 535. I was facing the same problem...couldn't copy files i have downloaded via opera mini to my pc because they were no where to be found. But i found a way around it. Don't know if it would work for you. When you tap and hold the file you downloaded on the opera mini Downloads window, and option menu appears. The last of which is the "move" option. You can tap on it to move the file to any of the folders on your phone. you can later connect to you pc and copy the files. It works for even unsupported files.

bfzhou

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I download a pdf file from email. but I'm unable to find it in my Office. and nowhere else can I find it. So I have to download it everytime just to open it, But the downloader keeps asking if I want to replace the existing one, but where is it?

While I like most other features, this aspect must be the result of an unbelievably stupid design!

Nips69

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Try downloading the app "files" (owned by Microsoft), it will show you the downloaded files.

Even the "Files" app does not show where the pdfs downloaded from emails are saved. The downloads folder both - in the phone memory as well as card memory - shows '0' and it's empty. There is absolutely no trace of these files anywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss