"One way" with Nokia Headset connected

tsk1979

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
My wife got a Lumia 520 and it works fine when you normally makes calls.
However when you connect the Nokia supplied headset, the other party cannot hear, however they cannot hear anything. As soon as headset is disconnected, the call disconnects.

Hardware problem with the brand new phone?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you know if the 520 has the American Headset Jack (AHJ) 3.5 mm connector or the standard Nokia OMTP (Open Mobile Terminal Platform) 3.5mm connector and depending on which one it has, the headphones might not work with it correctly & would be a problem with the other party hearing you, but I don't know if that would have anything to do with the disconnection issue. You need to find out what connector the 520 has and what type of jack is on the headphones, they need to be compatible, that I know, and I don't just mean will they fit together securely, it depends on if the mic part of the jack lines up with the mic receiver connection on the phone. The two different types of connectors are configure differently and if they don't match up with the jack then they won't hear you. Google it for a better detailed explanation.

tsk1979

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Do you know if the 520 has the American Headset Jack (AHJ) 3.5 mm connector or the standard Nokia OMTP (Open Mobile Terminal Platform) 3.5mm connector and depending on which one it has, the headphones might not work with it correctly & would be a problem with the other party hearing you, but I don't know if that would have anything to do with the disconnection issue. You need to find out what connector the 520 has and what type of jack is on the headphones, they need to be compatible, that I know, and I don't just mean will they fit together securely, it depends on if the mic part of the jack lines up with the mic receiver connection on the phone. The two different types of connectors are configure differently and if they don't match up with the jack then they won't hear you. Google it for a better detailed explanation.
Thanks for this.
I am in India and we are using the headset which came in the box. I am assuming that it should be compatible. Can you provide some links on how to find out what kind of headset I got and what kind does the phone has?
I checked nokia.in and it says the 520 has the American one. I think the phone in box headset should also be american?
If I take this headset and use it in my android phone, and if it works, it means that its the open one and not compatible with the 520?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this.
I am in India and we are using the headset which came in the box. I am assuming that it should be compatible. Can you provide some links on how to find out what kind of headset I got and what kind does the phone has?
I checked nokia.in and it says the 520 has the American one. I think the phone in box headset should also be american?
If I take this headset and use it in my android phone, and if it works, it means that its the open one and not compatible with the 520?

I wouldn't know what headset you received we don't have the 520 yet,we do have the 521 and they are similar but no Lumia here in the USA comes with a headset when purchased.
So you're just going to have to Google the headset part number and see what comes up. A shop or a person who knows a lot about stereos and headphones should be able to find out if they are matched, OR not.
I don't know when this was published by clearly before the 520/521 but this should at least help you understand
what might be the issue FAQ: FAQ - What type of headsets can I use with my Nokia Lumia phone? - Nokia - USA They do list headphones that are compatible maybe yours is listed, if not then that might be an issue.

tsk1979

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I guess its not a type thing.
The headset started working but not the WH-108 which came with the phone. I used a samsung headset.

I was getting a message "Speech is disabled" earlier.
We went to here drive and downloaded English "UK"

after this the samsung headset from my older phone is working, however WH-108 is still not working.

So it seems more like a software issue? I need to see if the WH-108 works with my other phones.
This is seriously stupid if a user needs to do downloads before using a simple wired headset.

No wonder they cannot sell the phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon