Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have had this phone for 2 weeks now.

Several Apps crash randomly from day 1, (Jewel Hunter - always dies after a period of time), (Google App - now wont even stay open for 2 seconds)

Connectivity - Even with wifi and 4G or 3G most apps wont update regularly, twitter swears there is no internet 75% of the time, gmail times out 50% of the time, and even internet explorer fails to find internet frequently!

Phone - it doesn't seem to search "people" effectively to find contacts to call, I often have to find peoples numbers in "people" rather than just search on the phone function.

Is this phone really this buggy or have I done something wrong? I get that Apps my get corrupted but what is with the connectivity?

You have a bad handset or need your carrier to intervene in your service. Sounds like your carrier to me. The 520 is a very good handset. I got one for my daughter and she never complains about it.

Faulty handset....mine works perfect

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    never had issues with my 520. I myself came from a blackberry and from time to time miss the physical keyboard but with the Lumia 520 I don't miss the constant battery pull and lag on blackberries.

Global Posts
    448 Global Posts
    No 520 issues here. Works perfectly.

No lags here ...everything works perfectly in mine L520 :)

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Network problem is more of carrier problem. Reset the OS for app crash problem, it may solve most of the problems. if thats not working, Try replacing the handset.

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    No issues with my 520. The only way it could be better is if it could turn itself into a 920 for free.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Killman View Post
    I have had this phone for 2 weeks now.

Several Apps crash randomly from day 1, (Jewel Hunter - always dies after a period of time), (Google App - now wont even stay open for 2 seconds)

Connectivity - Even with wifi and 4G or 3G most apps wont update regularly, twitter swears there is no internet 75% of the time, gmail times out 50% of the time, and even internet explorer fails to find internet frequently!

Phone - it doesn't seem to search "people" effectively to find contacts to call, I often have to find peoples numbers in "people" rather than just search on the phone function.

Is this phone really this buggy or have I done something wrong? I get that Apps my get corrupted but what is with the connectivity?
    Maybe .. just maybe ..

Are you using Battery Saver the whole time? If you are tiles won't be live most of the time and might cause WIFI to disconnect. It won't crash the apps like yours.

The search button at the bottom is for Bing search and other scanning related functions, it is not a universal search.
    i got this phone .. but didn't found any of these probs .! I think u got wrong or defective set.