FM Radio

TarunDham

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys

I recently installed amber update to my 520, and loved the fm radio, so even after i've paused and removed the cord, the fm still keeps running and hogs on my battery life. is there a way to turn it off.

Rob Betts

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
It is not running, it is paused and uses no recources.

True. The radio is a function of the phone not needing another app to operate. The media app is only there as a convenient interface to operate the radio. Pressing pause actually turns that function off so no need for another app to do it. WP8 is not Android...

Last edited:

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine turn back on from Pause to Play while doing other things with the phone, including locking, unlocking, stuff like that. I downloaded one of the stop apps; we'll see how that works out.

Rob Betts

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
The earphone lead acts as the antena. Disconnect it you lose the signal and as with many modern electronics devices this is detected, no signal , no radio. Plug it back in and you have to tap play to restart the radio..

Rob Betts

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
the phone is still using the fm radio, i know coz when i turn the volume up or down it shows the fm frequency

Also does the same for any music file that is paused when on the start screen, but shows the title, artist name etc, You still have to then tap the "play" button for it to resume playing. Untill then while it is paused it is not using any resources that could cause battery drain.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
The 520 does have an FM radio. And just because you see a frequency listed does not mean your radio is on. It could well be the last station you were listening to. I'd like to know how you concluded that it was hogging your battery life even when off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise