Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aravind Mohanadoss View Post
    How to Update GDR3 in lumia 520... I am from India and I am not finding any new software update available...
    I guess u must be a dev to get the update now...
    Thanked by:
    On a tangent I who in the office chose the name bittersweet shimmer because in my opinion it sounds like a school girl thought it up.
    it has been renamed to LUMIA BLACK...i guess u will like this name...

Global Posts
    2,598 Global Posts
    I like amber more than black, sounds like bittersweet shimmer was bad for PR so they threw in a generic name

will nokia lumia 720 get it

if you want to install the GDR3, follow this instructions: http://winsupersite.com/windows-phon...-handset-today

Remember GDR3 is not Black update.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Sturmer View Post
    if you want to install the GDR3, follow this instructions: http://winsupersite.com/windows-phon...-handset-today

Remember GDR3 is not Black update.
    Is this for Lumia 520? I can't find download for this Lumia 520.
    Thanked by:

The official update for nokia Lumia to GDR3 will come with Nokia Black Update, but that will arrive in early 2014, Till then u can download, and install the gdr3 preview, available for developers, which will void your warranty, so proceed with caution😊

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lkishor View Post
    The official update for nokia Lumia to GDR3 will come with Nokia Black Update, but that will arrive in early 2014, Till then u can download, and install the gdr3 preview, available for developers, which will void your warranty, so proceed with caution��
    Yes, I know. I update GDR3 Preview, but other than Screen Rotation does not see any changes.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Are u an app dev?

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushab Chopra View Post
    Are u an app dev?
    Yes. It is not problem. You only need install Preview for Developer on Phone, open it, follow the instructions, enter Microsoft Account. After, you need go in Phone Update, check update. If have update, you will get notification about it.

This will void your warranty

How to Update GDR3 in lumia 520... I am from India and I am not finding any new software update available...
    GDR3 update is not released for the public yet. All the talks here are regarding the developer preview of GDR3. Those who registered as developers with the microsoft can get this update by marking your phone in their database. For this you need to have an active app developer account with microsoft.

Download the Preview for Developers app from the store and mark your phone to receive GDR3 developer preview. Now check for updates, you'll definitely get the update.

Note: This is only a developer preview. Official version will be released sometime in late December or January.

As stated earlier, any and every WP8 phone will get updates till 36 months from the release of WP8, and Lumia 520 will certainly get the updates, GDR3 Is out in developer preview, and "bitter sweet shimmer" or now so called Lumia black update, will be available by early 2014, say Jan 2014, and of course if 8.1 comes in coming year, it will be out for every windows phone, as hardware is not an issue like android, because MS has a standard 1ghz dual core, 512 ram, wvga screen minimum etc..
    Sent from my l520+gdr3

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela Chandu View Post
    Read my post number #35.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    bittersweet shimmer is basically from school girls because it is a shade name of a crayola crayon

Quote Originally Posted by Nishant Sirohi View Post
    bittersweet shimmer is basically from school girls because it is a shade name of a crayola crayon
    the name is changed to Black its not Bitter sweet shimmer now
    error 404 not found

thank you, i've followed the link. and now my l520 is upgraded to gdr3 from amber. soo far soo good ... built in camera performance and features are awesome. (region : indonesia)
    Its not available in India... Maybe this month or January as Lumia 1520 is released....... It has a gdr 3 update..........

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda7772 View Post
    oh well that makes more sense, still an odd choice in my books
    On a parr with naming your os updates after pudding ;)

Global Posts
    2,598 Global Posts
    One can only hope one interation of android is called snack pack lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well I'm personally throwing in the towel with this and yes I'm being a wet blanket. I love my windows 8 phone too, but... my story starts back mid way through the last decade and the first releases of Android. Two bad phones, G1 and My touch and only 1 update for 1 of those in 2 years and I said never again. I couldnt even use the internet on my mytouch until 3 months before the contract expired. So I will never consider Android again. Then the big WP7 debacle of the more modern age... burned again! So I got an iphone. Happy as could be, got every update and it was even updated to iOS7 for gosh sakes... a 3 year old phone! But WP8 got my attention and here I am. I know they are saying gdr3 in January for some, but again it's back to carriers decisions (unlike the iphone we all got every update regardless of carrier or their opinion). I just read today some Nokias are getting Black now, it's released for some models and we're not even up to the bits and pieces we'll get with gdr3. I surrender... seriously. I am not even going to wait around another month, but after being through the android early adopter garbage that went on past 2 years, and wp7 I'm not even going to blink. As soon as financially possible, this wp8 is being dumped, the surface is being sold so I don't get another round of bad news in a few months, and I'm going back to Apple. I never would have said this 5 years ago, but I guess for me it's obvious. I need consistency and assurance I'll be up to date on hardware that is only a few months old. 3 phones that had 1 update each in their entire life cycle isn't going to cut it anymore... sigh

Global Posts
    2,598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Eric View Post
    Well I'm personally throwing in the towel with this and yes I'm being a wet blanket. I love my windows 8 phone too, but... my story starts back mid way through the last decade and the first releases of Android. Two bad phones, G1 and My touch and only 1 update for 1 of those in 2 years and I said never again. I couldnt even use the internet on my mytouch until 3 months before the contract expired. So I will never consider Android again. Then the big WP7 debacle of the more modern age... burned again! So I got an iphone. Happy as could be, got every update and it was even updated to iOS7 for gosh sakes... a 3 year old phone! But WP8 got my attention and here I am. I know they are saying gdr3 in January for some, but again it's back to carriers decisions (unlike the iphone we all got every update regardless of carrier or their opinion). I just read today some Nokias are getting Black now, it's released for some models and we're not even up to the bits and pieces we'll get with gdr3. I surrender... seriously. I am not even going to wait around another month, but after being through the android early adopter garbage that went on past 2 years, and wp7 I'm not even going to blink. As soon as financially possible, this wp8 is being dumped, the surface is being sold so I don't get another round of bad news in a few months, and I'm going back to Apple. I never would have said this 5 years ago, but I guess for me it's obvious. I need consistency and assurance I'll be up to date on hardware that is only a few months old. 3 phones that had 1 update each in their entire life cycle isn't going to cut it anymore... sigh
    Seriously. If you don't know that early adopters are essentially beta testers then. For one you should of waited for the nexus one, and maybe you should of done some reading about windows phone 7. The issues were no secret they were all over the forums.

As for windows phone 7 you would of got 2 updates 7.5 and 7.8 on its way if you haven't got it already.

And sure iphones get each version of ios. BUT on older devices they are essentially crippled. You get a couple of things plus astetics

Its the nature of the industry. I bought a nexus 7 2013 because I wanted speedy updates and kitkat came out and bam I got it

I'm losing patience here- I'm envious of the rest of the Lumia owners with Att Lumia Black and gdr3! With so many sales of the l520 lately it would be good if Nokia got the update out asap so the phone is at its best with the new users .

Actually tbh. The final GDR3 don't really need to be out right now. Better not rush right. We just got GDR2 few months ago and Lumia Black is only a minor difference for the L520. I'd rather they release a stable and final version for a few months late then just vomiting out the updates. Well there is always the Developer Preview? 😉
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hidayat225 View Post
    Actually tbh. The final GDR3 don't really need to be out right now. Better not rush right. We just got GDR2 few months ago and Lumia Black is only a minor difference for the L520. I'd rather they release a stable and final version for a few months late then just vomiting out the updates. Well there is always the Developer Preview? 😉
    Thank you! Someone who gets it.

Some people just always want more no matter what and as soon as they get it its not good enough. For some they are never satisfied

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast