GDR3 + Lumia 520 ?

andrea_76

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
thank you, i've followed the link. and now my l520 is upgraded to gdr3 from amber. soo far soo good ... built in camera performance and features are awesome. (region : indonesia)

Jon Eric

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm personally throwing in the towel with this and yes I'm being a wet blanket. I love my windows 8 phone too, but... my story starts back mid way through the last decade and the first releases of Android. Two bad phones, G1 and My touch and only 1 update for 1 of those in 2 years and I said never again. I couldnt even use the internet on my mytouch until 3 months before the contract expired. So I will never consider Android again. Then the big WP7 debacle of the more modern age... burned again! So I got an iphone. Happy as could be, got every update and it was even updated to iOS7 for gosh sakes... a 3 year old phone! But WP8 got my attention and here I am. I know they are saying gdr3 in January for some, but again it's back to carriers decisions (unlike the iphone we all got every update regardless of carrier or their opinion). I just read today some Nokias are getting Black now, it's released for some models and we're not even up to the bits and pieces we'll get with gdr3. I surrender... seriously. I am not even going to wait around another month, but after being through the android early adopter garbage that went on past 2 years, and wp7 I'm not even going to blink. As soon as financially possible, this wp8 is being dumped, the surface is being sold so I don't get another round of bad news in a few months, and I'm going back to Apple. I never would have said this 5 years ago, but I guess for me it's obvious. I need consistency and assurance I'll be up to date on hardware that is only a few months old. 3 phones that had 1 update each in their entire life cycle isn't going to cut it anymore... sigh

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm personally throwing in the towel with this and yes I'm being a wet blanket. I love my windows 8 phone too, but... my story starts back mid way through the last decade and the first releases of Android. Two bad phones, G1 and My touch and only 1 update for 1 of those in 2 years and I said never again. I couldnt even use the internet on my mytouch until 3 months before the contract expired. So I will never consider Android again. Then the big WP7 debacle of the more modern age... burned again! So I got an iphone. Happy as could be, got every update and it was even updated to iOS7 for gosh sakes... a 3 year old phone! But WP8 got my attention and here I am. I know they are saying gdr3 in January for some, but again it's back to carriers decisions (unlike the iphone we all got every update regardless of carrier or their opinion). I just read today some Nokias are getting Black now, it's released for some models and we're not even up to the bits and pieces we'll get with gdr3. I surrender... seriously. I am not even going to wait around another month, but after being through the android early adopter garbage that went on past 2 years, and wp7 I'm not even going to blink. As soon as financially possible, this wp8 is being dumped, the surface is being sold so I don't get another round of bad news in a few months, and I'm going back to Apple. I never would have said this 5 years ago, but I guess for me it's obvious. I need consistency and assurance I'll be up to date on hardware that is only a few months old. 3 phones that had 1 update each in their entire life cycle isn't going to cut it anymore... sigh

Seriously. If you don't know that early adopters are essentially beta testers then. For one you should of waited for the nexus one, and maybe you should of done some reading about windows phone 7. The issues were no secret they were all over the forums.

As for windows phone 7 you would of got 2 updates 7.5 and 7.8 on its way if you haven't got it already.

And sure iphones get each version of ios. BUT on older devices they are essentially crippled. You get a couple of things plus astetics

Its the nature of the industry. I bought a nexus 7 2013 because I wanted speedy updates and kitkat came out and bam I got it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm losing patience here- I'm envious of the rest of the Lumia owners with Att Lumia Black and gdr3! With so many sales of the l520 lately it would be good if Nokia got the update out asap so the phone is at its best with the new users .

hidayat225

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually tbh. The final GDR3 don't really need to be out right now. Better not rush right. We just got GDR2 few months ago and Lumia Black is only a minor difference for the L520. I'd rather they release a stable and final version for a few months late then just vomiting out the updates. Well there is always the Developer Preview? 😉

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Actually tbh. The final GDR3 don't really need to be out right now. Better not rush right. We just got GDR2 few months ago and Lumia Black is only a minor difference for the L520. I'd rather they release a stable and final version for a few months late then just vomiting out the updates. Well there is always the Developer Preview? 😉

Thank you! Someone who gets it.

Some people just always want more no matter what and as soon as they get it its not good enough. For some they are never satisfied

kevdogg3291

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

You want updates...go get a Blackberry. They have had many updates on their phones.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! Someone who gets it.

Some people just always want more no matter what and as soon as they get it its not good enough. For some they are never satisfied

I don't think its unreasonable to expect black on the 520 right now. From what I understand the 525 has been released with Lumia black out of the box.

I was commenting more about how it would be a smart move for them to prioritize Lumia black for the 520 now considering how there are 10 times more buyers than the 1020 or 925. Alot of the 520 buyers in the past month just want to try out windows phone or use it as a secondary device, so why not impress them as much as you possibly can so they think about higher end devices later on?

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think its unreasonable to expect black on the 520 right now. From what I understand the 525 has been released with Lumia black out of the box.

I was commenting more about how it would be a smart move for them to prioritize Lumia black for the 520 now considering how there are 10 times more buyers than the 1020 or 925. Alot of the 520 buyers in the past month just want to try out windows phone or use it as a secondary device, so why not impress them as much as you possibly can so they think about higher end devices later on?

I couldn't agree more. This is where I think blackberry went wrong in not bringing blackberry 10 in one shape or form to the playbook even if it was more like pbos 3.0. Put a new os in the hands of millions to spread the word and evangelise the platform

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am a WP8 guy and will never buy anything Apple. Got nothing against them; they are just not for me. BUT and its a BIG BUT, they have this update thing down pat. I own two Android Tablets and two WP8 phones and to be honest Apple runs circles around Android and Microsoft when it comes to updates. Again I am not an Apple person and will never own anything from them; but if you want the best update menu; they are the best.

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I am a WP8 guy and will never buy anything Apple. Got nothing against them; they are just not for me. BUT and its a BIG BUT, they have this update thing down pat. I own two Android Tablets and two WP8 phones and to be honest Apple runs circles around Android and Microsoft when it comes to updates. Again I am not an Apple person and will never own anything from them; but if you want the best update menu; they are the best.

Apple has a good update process because they know their phones sell really well and pretty much tell the carriers if you want to hold our updates for testing we will pull our product line from your retail establishments.

So it's apple. PATENT TROLL AND CARRIER BULLY

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Apple has a good update process because they know their phones sell really well and pretty much tell the carriers if you want to hold our updates for testing we will pull our product line from your retail establishments.

So it's apple. PATENT TROLL AND CARRIER BULLY

And results are poof instant updates when available

hidayat225

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

I agree it's not unreasonable but I wouldn't feel much different or better if I have the Lumia Black right now. The diff is so minor that I think I would forget that I have Black right now. Well lets hope it comes soon before Feb. 😥

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3