Anyone ever broken their lock button?

xxtra90

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey all.

Just wondering if anyone has ever snapped their lock button off before? Just went to unlock my Nokia Lumia 520 and the button looked to be jammed in so I took the case off and had a look but it was completely missing and I could hear it rattling :cry: Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before and did you manage to get it fixed? Just sent mine off for repair but they're not sure it is fixable yet in the shop. What ever happened to the good old robust Nokia's eh.

Thanks all for any responses.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
yes happened to my 920, didn't bother to get it fixed really wish we had assertive touch (on iphone) it allows you to lock ur phone using an on screen button

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey all.

Just wondering if anyone has ever snapped their lock button off before? Just went to unlock my Nokia Lumia 520 and the button looked to be jammed in so I took the case off and had a look but it was completely missing and I could hear it rattling :cry: Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before and did you manage to get it fixed? Just sent mine off for repair but they're not sure it is fixable yet in the shop. What ever happened to the good old robust Nokia's eh.

Thanks all for any responses.
You can buy a new cover for just 200-300₹,which is much less than what they charge for fixing.....

xxtra90

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
yes happened to my 920, didn't bother to get it fixed really wish we had assertive touch (on iphone) it allows you to lock ur phone using an on screen button

Shame this isn't the case. Wish we had one too. It's the most used button, you'd think they'd make them a little more robust.

Thanks all for the response. I took it to the local shop where I bought it. They have to send it away to their repair centre (and then if not fixable by them, on to Nokia). Part of me wishes I just sent it straight to Nokia but hopefully it looks like it is fixable. The phone is only 6 months old too and has never been dropped or exposed to water/dirt etc.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
You can get an app called Systems Tiles in the store (sorry I'm on my phone so I would post a link) and that has a lock button tile. I'm using it now.

xxtra90

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
You can get an app called Systems Tiles in the store (sorry I'm on my phone so I would post a link) and that has a lock button tile. I'm using it now.

Sweet. Thanks for letting me know. Will be sure to have a look in to this when I get my phone back :)

nightshiftzoomer

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 and the power button is broken, is there anyway of configuring the phone so i can use another button to switch the phone on instead of plugging it into the charger to get it to come on

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 and the power button is broken, is there anyway of configuring the phone so i can use another button to switch the phone on instead of plugging it into the charger to get it to come on
hold camera button to start camera than press windows key to go to go to start screen.

David Alcorn2

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes I Broke my lock and my up volume button im not sure how to fix it
But I dont know if its unfixable , you can unlock it by pressing the Camera Key and then hitting home it will wend you to your lock screen

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

A new shell is $10 or less on eBay. Or use the Systems Tiles option indicated above.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
They used too little soldering tin on those buttons? Or why this happening? This is just on some phones, or all 520 have these weak buttons?

pentakristal

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I used Wouter's solution and button is working perfectly again. Here's a step-by-step (...for the really clueless...)

-remove cover

-use paperclip to push button (...if that works cover is the problem...)

-after that use paperclip to push button "up" towards the touchscreen (...gently...)

-the button should NOT move upwards AT ALL (...compare with working buttons...)

-mine only had a half mm tolerance wich apparently is enough to cause disfunction

-i used material from a disposable plastic drink bottle (...anything aprox 1mm thick...)

-cut to size aprox 5mm x 25mm with scissors

-push the narrow side in on top of button (...between button and screen...)

-insert about 5mm

-test button by pushing with paperclip

-if it works then cut extruding bit of plastic with scissors

-use paperclip or fingernails to push plastic in completely

-replace cover

-PRESTO

-(i applied the trick to the other functioning buttons also as a precaution)

Nelsson

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Poor/lose buttons is a general failure in Lumia 520 and 620. These are really poor phones! Lot's of button problems with these two models. Don't buy them!

My 620 have been repaired on guarantee the first two times. First the volume buttons and second time the on/off button. The 3. time it was again the volume down button. Last week I send it for guarantee repair at Nokia's service agent (Called "Number one service" in DK). They say that Nokia refuse to pay - the phone has "physical damages" (soldering point is gone). It is not my problem as I have only used it normal manner - no voilence. My wife's 620 have been repaired (on/off button) only once - so far. They are both around 18 months old.

I have found lots of complaints reporting the same button problems on a Nokia forum! Never buy 620 and 520!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05