Try again in 470535 minutes?

Pak Knight

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok my brother tried to open my lumia 520 and he says he stopped trying when the phone said to try again in 1 MINUTE.But when i returned from school i saw that it was written on lock screen TO TRY AGAIN IN 470535 Minutes.Anyone knows what happend.I have done every possible thing like restarting phone,removing sim and memorycard and battery.But nothing has worked.I can't reset because the problem is that my POWER BUTTON doesnot work so usually i unlock my phone using camera button.Please guys tell me how to reset phone without power button.Is there a way to install windows phone os using computer??Any help would be appreciated.

Himanshu Gupta4

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
since your lock key is not working..so try this,,,
download NSU(nokia software updater) for retail version 4 or above...and when you connect your lumia to pc..NSU will show a device is connected..then at the bottom..it will say..my device doesnt boot up...click on it..i will donwload the latest lumia black firmware if available for your device and will reinstall the os..

frostieDE

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I had that kind of problem with a Lumia 800 a year ago. You may try a specific key combination which is illustrated here: Nokia Lumia 920 hard reset. I needed a lot (like 25+) of tries, but it worked! No flashing, no fear of bricking the device ;-)

Good luck,
Marcel

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
If you have set a lock code so that you have to type a number to unlock the phone then that is what the problem is.. The phone does this when the maximum number of attempts to unlock the phone has been done. The only way around this is to either wait the specified number of minutes, or re-flash the phone. I had this problem with my L920 when I forgot the number I was using and entered the wrong number about 10 times (I think).

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have done every possible thing...

Have you tried waiting 470535 minutes? I think that might fix it.

I'm kidding. Since you have the power button issue, I would honestly look at an online teardown guide and take the device apart and try to repair the button. Is that within the realm of possibility for you? Most are concerned with that sort of thing but after watching a few tutorials, you might be able to figure it out...then you can try the other options to reboot. But then again, if you get that far, then you've probably already done enough to solve the issue.
Also, bborrow a spare phone, and let the battery drain on yours. Indid that for my iPhone when my power button and screen failed. It finally died and when I charged it again it turned on normally.

(sorry for typos...when I use the wpcentral app I get double letters sometime. Not sure why. I'm editing when I find them but I'm lazy at the moment.)

cuwe

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to reset phone using windows phone site.I will post down the results.I think its a bug

Just soft reset the phone , untill it decreases to the smallest amount . I had this problem once . Just soft rest . Hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button untill it shut down and vibrates .

Pak Knight

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The problem is its time is increasing instead of decreasing.it is now at 470604 instead of 470535.I have tried to erase phone using windows phone but it hasnot done any thing.I am now trying nokia software updater.Hope that it will work.

cuwe

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The problem is its time is increasing instead of decreasing.it is now at 470604 instead of 470535.I have tried to erase phone using windows phone but it hasnot done any thing.I am now trying nokia software updater.Hope that it will work.

Dude , just do what I said .

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Jokes aside, how about you take it to a Nokia Care Center and let them handle it? They should be able to fix it on the spot.

Clent Louisy

May 6, 2014
Visit site
If your mobile appears to be frozen there are a couple of things you can do to try and fix it.

First, you need to try what is known as a 'soft reset'. If you can, take the battery out, put it back in and turn the phone on. If you can't take the battery out, try this instead:

Press and hold down, at the same time, the Volume (down) and Power buttons (they're on the side of the mobile)
Continue to hold down both buttons until the mobile turns off, which should take you around 8 seconds
Turn the mobile back on and it should be working normally

Now, if that doesn't work, you may need to return the mobile to its factory settings.

This is a serious move as it will return the mobile to the state it was in before you set anything up on it. That means you will lose your contacts, your stored text messages, and any apps that you've downloaded to the mobile. As you start to return the mobile to the factory settings, you will see several warning messages to this effect. i hope i help out that's what i do help people out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss