My phone's files get copied multiple times by themself

pearlskyblue

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

So, one week ago, my Dad bought me a new SD Card 8GB V-Gen class 10. I changed my old SDcard to the new one (nothing happen at this time). Since it's new, I wanted to fill my sdcard with files. And then I downloaded and installed WP's file sharing app in my PC (that was my first time using that app although I use Lumia for 7 months already). After it get installed, I connected my phone to my PC and started copying files. But then something happened, the files get copied multiple times. All of the type of the files; pictures, videos, musics. I don't know what happened. Everytime I tried to erase the music and video files, the remain files can't be played. And the copied files can be shown in my phone only, there's nothing like multiple files when I opened my phone in my PC. Do you know what actually happens? Could it be a virus? How to solve this problem?

Thank you very much!

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
First off, it's not a virus.This is a common bug that has various fixes that have worked for various people. For me, the music duplication was fixed by deleting all the music files on the SD card and all the hidden files on the 'music' folder on the phone. I have not found a fix for duplicate photos, and have had to do a hard reset.

In my opinion, the issue arises when the file index gets corrupted. You basically have to get it to rebuild.

stamatis1

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
had the same problem with music/pics/videos of mine its an OS bug
just format your sd through WP or your pc and then sync everything to your phone
sync music with wmp (windows media player)and do the same for your photos/videos
this never occured again to me after syncing my files

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
For me it was formatting the card in exFAT with smallest unit size. Solved the duplications and many errors I got when doing writes on the card.

I have researched a bit myself and found that exFAT is a must for 32-64gb cards and solves a lot of data corruption.
I never use wmp to sync, so it may help, but still if FAT32 you will still be more vulnarable to all kinds of issues...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720