Error 8007049a on a Lumia 520

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone can help. I've convinced any elderly Father in law to go with a L520 as his first smartphone. It arrived today. I offered to set it up for him. Setting up his Microsoft account, email and facebook went fine. But installing apps is proving difficult. I keep getting error code 8007049a partway through the install.

Mr. Google says that it has previously occurred on a Samsung Ativ S. Someone suggested that re-flashing the ROM was the only fix. Sounded drastic, even if I knew how to do it. This L520 has GDR2 on it.

On a Microsoft forum, rebooting was suggested but this was unsuccessful in this case.

I'm still stuck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I did my best to see if there was anything about. This seems like a major error. There were suggestions of doing a soft reset or hard reset. If you haven't tried either of those yet.

Soft reset - volume down and power button together. Hold until phone vibrates then let go. Phone restarts. You may need to reset time and date.

Hard reset - Settings -> about -> Phone reset

If all else fails you can try this software: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-quietly-releases-software-recovery-tool.html

If you're wondering what happened to your other thread. It got deleted because you shouldn't post the same thing twice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel