Lumia 520 Power Button Problem

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
try taking out the battery and see if it fits nicely.
My brother had a bloated battery on his 620 which made the buttons really hard to press.

crowsnest93

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
THANK YOU, such a simple, quick cure.

I'm most grateful for your video, it worked for me. My power button suddenly stopped working a while ago and has been annoying me ever since. I discovered by accident that the phone would turn on using the camera button, so I could still use the phone but I couldn't power off. Even though it is under guarantee really didn't want to send it off and the care web site is useless. I was also told, when I phoned a care centre (there is not one remotely near me), it would be a software problem and to bring it in. I was hoping that maybe an update might cure the issue. So, I was a little sceptical of your suggestion but tried it any way.

Bluey91

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I have my phone since May 2013 too so i guess they just made it that way,that it work just for 1 yr nd start breaking ... My just stopped working today,good to know from some comments now that i can unlock it with cam button,its so annoying tho.. afraid to try that trick for fixing from video tho haha :p

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
pin lock phone tile from it to your start screen to lock your phone.
I used this method only to unlock and lock my phone even though my power button is working properly.

But, you probably should read the "Requires" for that app.
video and still capture
music library
media playback
microphone
data services

A pretty cavalier approach to security handing over access to all that stuff.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Everyone seems to be going to so much trouble over this, don't give it to a Nokia Care centre and have to endure life without your phone for a few days! I have made a video on a quick and extremely easy fix, watch it here:
Awesome video, thanks for putting that up :smile:

Graham Cranmer

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I recently uncounted this problem too. Having had the problem confirmed as a faulty button I then had to make the decision to change my phone, have it repaired or do something else.
So to save the inconvenience of not having a phone for several days, this is what I did.
I installed a free ap that means I can turn the phone on with a double tap on the screen, and I have set the screen lock to power off to its shortest time, around 30 seconds.
result, I don't have to operate the off/on button at all
No problem with updates either as it will automatically re start if it needs to
If I really do need to turn it off completely, I shall remove the battery

Liziye

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Everyone seems to be going to so much trouble over this, don't give it to a Nokia Care centre and have to endure life without your phone for a few days! I have made a video on a quick and extremely easy fix, watch it here

This fix wont work with my 1020. I dropped it in water and immediately shook the water out as much as I could. My power/lock button wont work and for some strange reason e-mails. All my other apps work and my phone works fine and all sound is good too. Any suggestions?

pariah69er

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else had an issue with their 520 power button breaking? My son's 520 is just back from a warranty repair when the power button failed and wouldn't turn the phone on or off.

The phone now works but the power button feels like there isn't a lot of movement in it. Compared to my 1020 and my son's new 625 which both click on and off positively it doesn't feel right at all.

Hi.
I discovered this problem last year. If you take the back off and look at how the button receivers look, the power button is very slightly lower than the other button receivers.
I am by no means a techy but even i can see that this is a manufacturing problem.
I ended up buying a new phone long before i took a look at my lumia as it was out of warranty.
What i would like to know is, can i have it repaired even tho it is out of warranty as it is a design flaw? and if so, who is liable for the repair? is it Nokia or Vodafone, the network it is locked to?
Thanks in advance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb