Lumia 520 can't connect to any wifi network

W

WPCentral Question

I have a lumia 520 and all is work fine but one day when I go to connect to my wifi, I could not to connect. When I tap to any wifi, he does not require a password, but displays a message "Your phone can't connect to the wifi network -name of wifi-". 520 found all wifi nearby but I can't connect to any. I try hard reset and find fix on internet but nothing helped.

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Are you running 8.1? I am and the same issue on my 520 started yesterday. I'll try a hard reset today. Have you tried to flash the firmware with the Nokia tool?

Matej Kajkara

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I running 8.1. I try hard reset but nothing happens. No i don't, if a hard reset don't solve problem to you, can you try flash and tell me if that helps.

Soft reset on lumia 520 volume down + power key?

I posted this question but i 'm not been logged in

Last edited:

ludecoli

May 14, 2014
Visit site
It just happened to me the in company I work, my cellphone is a Lumia 720, my coworker just bought a new 520 and have the same problem.

"You can't connect with the <wifi name> network."

Does anyone have a solution?

Sreekumar TP

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Just upgrades to 8.1 and cant connect to network any more (home or office)
Had the same issue when I first used the phone. It would refuse to connect to home network, while it was ok at the store.
Tried hard reset , still no luck
Do I throw the phone out of the window or windows out of the phone ?

Microsoft , are you listening ?

Ganesh Saptharishi

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Folks,

Just select the network and delete the same. lumia searches for the available network and this time you should be able to enter the WIFI password.

Hope this helps.

Sanoj Bhaskar

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi Microsoft team!
I have lumia 730, its running on denim update. i am having problem in wi-fi connection in offfice, when i connect to wi-fi it says "your phone can't connect to wi-fi network" and same connection is used by android easily, please suggest me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
First of all we are not Microsoft. We are a fan-based website and people here are trying to help.
What you could try (if you not already did it).
1 Soft Reset.
2 Go to SETTINGS > WiFi >manage > and there delete the office network and add it again.
3 Ask your IT department for help.
4 Contact Microsoft.

Last edited:

ddartman7

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Here is what worked for me. I selected the Wi-Fi settings and chose the "Manage" option. Delete any saved "OPEN" networks. As soon as I did that I was immediately able to connect to secure networks again.

mady Mady

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Check whether unfortunately did you put static ip address. Just disable the static ip address so that wifi can provide new network settings.

Alan Fett

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I just saw this question , if it helps anything, I went to the list of my saved wifi access points, deleted some of them ,not all (College Wifi), tried to connect and worked...dunno really why but meh. :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)