Equalizer for Lumia 520?

inspiron23

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why people say lumia 520 didn't get an equalizer because of lack of required hardware.

The SoC used in Lumia 520 is MSM8227 same as Lumia 620 and Lumia 720. This SoC contains Hexagon DSP (QDSP6 v4) and it is responsible for audio processing (Just remember that Nokia can not take this DSP out of SoC ! they can just disable some features of it using firmware). Audio features included in this DSP (QDSP6 v4) are : encoding, decoding, transcoding, noise cancellation, bass boost, virtual surround and other enhancement functions.

So if you see there is no equalizer for 520 then the answer is simple : "It is Nokia policy not to put this capability in the firmware" but hardware wise Lumia 520 is capable of an equalizer just like 620 and 720.

yume68

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I managed to get it working partly under sound option after hard reset. when i select sound option, equalizer lines flashes and above that preset list. I succeed to get grip in preset list and make selection. one time even equalizer controllers was available.:shocked:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get it working partly under sound option after hard reset. when i select sound option, equalizer lines flashes and above that preset list. I succeed to get grip in preset list and make selection. one time even equalizer controllers was available.:shocked:

but does it even do anything?
the controls are definitely there, just made hidden, but even if you do the trouble of trying to grab that selector, does it even change anything?

yume68

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
i select bass boost and i can hear it in my music. but you must do selection before phone updates itself. switch off you network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte