Why so hard (intermitent) to get my phone seen in Windows Explorer?

dmusicant

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I plug my 520 (running WP 8.1) into my Windows 7 32bit laptop via USB and sometimes it's seen, sometimes it's not. I don't know why it's so dodgy. Hit F5, poke here, poke there, close Explorer, reopen, there seems to be no sure fire way for the phone and it's SD card to show up. When the phone and SD card are seen, sometimes getting access to files them is extremely slow or seemingly not possible. Right now, for example, I want to copy a JPG I took with my 520 the other day to my laptop and I just can't. Yes, as a workaround I could turn off the phone, open it up, remove the battery, remove the microSD card, insert in the laptop, etc. but what a PITA!

I'd appreciate any demystification or tips on this.

dmusicant

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows help says:

You don't have to add devices already connected to your computer with a USB cable or other wired connection. Windows will automatically detect and display them.

But my 520 is not seen most of the time. It's very aggravating.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same since the update to 8.1. If I take the card out, however, it always connects real quick. I formatted the card and put my music back on it but it has made no difference. Worked perfectly before the update to 8.1 I use L720

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium