Nokia 520 Google account not synching

Swami Yogasagar

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
My google account is no longer synching and all my contacts have gone from phone. When I go to email + accounts the google account is hidden and I cant access it to delete the account or fix problem. Can anyone help me

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of you email + accounts? Just be sure to remove or cover up your email addresses before posting it here to protect your privacy. In the meantime, you could also try performing a soft reset and see if that fixes anything.

Swami Yogasagar

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
How do I soft reset. Im also not sure how to get a screen shot. I think the problem has something to do with my kids turning off the contacts sync but I cant get back into the google account to turn the sync on again because the account is not highlighted in settings Email + Accounts

Last edited:

Swami Yogasagar

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
also not sure how to get a screen shot. I think the problem has something to do with my kids turning off tyhe contacts sync but I cant get back in to the account because it is not highlighted to turn the sync on again

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Before "soft-reset", you can try simply turning off and then turning your phone on again, simply by pressing the power button until a "Slide down to power off" prompt appears. If that doesn't fix anything you may proceed with a Soft-Reset*, by pressing the power button and the volume down buttons together for 10-15 seconds, or until you feel a vibration.

You can take a screenshot by pressing the power button and the volume up together.

*- Please take note that this is different from resetting or "hard-resetting" your phone, which erases all personal data from your phone.

References:
Taking screenshots with your Windows Phone
Restart my Windows Phone 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3