Is it normal for the Lumia 520 to take long to update?

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 520 takes too much time to update.

Hello,today i had to do the "Critical update" on my 520,it said that needs 5-10min but it actually took me about 2 hours and wasted over 80% of my battery. is this normal or my phone has an issue,if so how to solve it?

primuxprimux

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 takes too much time to update.

what :| ,,, i dont think , i update successfully, not more than 15minutes approximately ,,and one good news ,, it's make phone more faster

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
ofc it updated succesfully,but it's really annoying that it took 2 hours since it says that it needs 10m,anyway to fix it ? i won't have this phone for long i guess but i want to keep it alive

primuxprimux

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Little wait ,, see if same problem happen with Lumia denim updating time. ,, then better to reset it ,,, and denim is coming in few days

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
ofc it updated succesfully,but it's really annoying that it took 2 hours since it says that it needs 10m,anyway to fix it ? i won't have this phone for long i guess but i want to keep it alive
How fast is your internet, that would be a factor but I have read times before some phones have randomly taken ages to update with gears showing for ages

primuxprimux

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

but for gears netspeed does not matter yr , my one frnd also face this problem during gdr1 update ,,, near 3hours ,, and me only 20 to 40minutes in downloading and installing

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The files are already downloaded from before,while spinning cogs it just apply/install the update,in the last 2-3 updates i did,it always took 2-3 hours.I guess next time i will do the updates at night lol

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The files are already downloaded from before,while spinning cogs it just apply/install the update,in the last 2-3 updates i did,it always took 2-3 hours.I guess next time i will do the updates at night lol

I had the same issue before.. Make sure the Wi-Fi was connected before you start to install the Wi-Fi

Aditya Soni1

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
That all depends upon your internet speed if you are saying that it is taking time in downloading them or if you are talking about the windows updates then it rely upon the manufacturer

El_Burro

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

On my 920 the latest update took more than 15 minutes. Probably closer to 40 minutes. The 520 is slower so if it took 2 hours that's not surprising to me.

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

920 updates normally take close to 45 min for me. Updates can take long if your phone is having many apps and personal files. Sometimes, removing the SIM prior to updating can speed up the process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills