Images load so slow on official Twitter app for WP

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
520 user here... I've had this problem ever since I got my phone lol...

Images load so slooow on the official twitter app... Searching for something takes long too. Am I the ONLY ONE who has such problem?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
May we know what your old phone was? Any changes in carrier? 3G/4G accessibility and services? using WiFi?

Looks like a suspect case of low data transfer over the network.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
This is my first smartphone... Nope, I didn't change my carrier. I'm not using 3G... I'm only using WiFi.

Do you think this has something to do with the low RAM of the 520?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It's possible that the RAM is the limiting factor here, but I don't remember having serious lag issues in my previous HTC 8s (also with 512MB of RAM). If it's lagging with respect to performance (sluggishness, unresponsiveness, and the like), then it's RAM. But if the phone remains snappy and the photos are simply not loading immediately, then it might be network-related.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Its an optimization issue coupled with an IE issue with picks and gifs somehow ie11 is worst than IE10, btw most apps sometimes use IE to render stuff I think twitter is amongst them.

Yakup Allak

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Also using 640 LTE and it's unbeliavebly slow even use very fast WLAN. It's not because of the network, because of either app itself or the hardware. Shame on Microsoft, Lumia, Nokia whatsoever.
:unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6