Can I connect my Nokia Lumia 520 to the internet via Wifi using mobile broadband?

Caramelrocks

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
My laptop has mobile broadband via a USB dongle. I want to be able to connect my Nokia Lumia 520 via Wifi so I can access the internet on the phone. Is this possible?

I setup an Adhoc connection in Windows Vista. Although the network appears on the Wifi network list on the phone, it won't connect to the Wifi connection.

I've searched on Google for a solution, but none of them specifically mention using mobile broadband, so I don't know if this is possible or not.

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it is possible. I don't know why you are having problems. I used to do it just fine. I even made colorful tiles for them on my PC's Start screen :D
This guided me.

Caramelrocks

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it is possible. I don't know why you are having problems. I used to do it just fine. I even made colorful tiles for them on my PC's Start screen :D
This guided me.

Could the problem be that im using Windows Vista? The guide you linked to specifically says Windows 8.

In the reader comments section on that guide, someone said that the same could be done by creating an Ad-hoc network through network and sharing center and enable internet sharing. However, I did that, but the phone wouldn't connect to the Wifi network.

Caramelrocks

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Are there any alternatives to Virtual Router Plus and Connectify hotspot pro, that are compatible with Vista?

I downloaded Virtual Router Plus, but it doesn't start. It just displays a Windows dialogue box that says 'Virtual Router Plus has stopped working'.

Connectify hotspot pro says it's no longer compatible with Vista.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes