Why Windows 10 TP is released by "INSIDER" app but not by "PREVIEW FOR DEVELOPER" app?

surendra356

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Why Windows 10 TP is released by "INSIDER" app but not by "PREVIEW FOR DEVELOPER" app?

I'm very excited about Windows 10 for phone, So thought to register for Developer preview.... But after seeing many pages and forums I got a doubt that why MS did not release windows 10 by DP app?
1.Will it be available after 1-2 months?
2.Can it work on Lumia 520 as it has more world wide users?
3. Will it be good to use DP on my 520?
4. Dose DP can get official updates too?
please answer my doubts....
Thank you in advance.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why Windows 10 TP is released by "INSIDER" app but not by "PREVIEW FOR DEVELOPER" app?

1. Maybe
2. It will become available for the 520 and other devices in the future. Microsoft has restricted it to a smaller subset of phones because those models are mostly the same under the hood so as to better stabilize the build now that variances in hardware isn't as big of an issue.

The Preview for Developers is the early release program for just about finished code. 10 has not been released on it because 10 is nowhere near complete at this moment in time.

3. You could get some issues, but I don't think it'll be a big risk.
4. PD updates ARE official updates, just without firmware as of now. PD enabled phones also receive publicly released updates.

surendra356

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why Windows 10 TP is released by "INSIDER" app but not by "PREVIEW FOR DEVELOPER" app?

1.What is the use of FIRMWARE updates?
2.Can I install my developed apps on my mobile now?
3.Are you on developer preview Sir?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

1.What is the use of FIRMWARE updates?
2.Can I install my developed apps on my mobile now?
3.Are you on developer preview Sir?

1) to update system things such as Bluetooth, WiFi, camera algorithms, etc...
2) yes

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm very excited about Windows 10 for phone, So thought to register for Developer preview.... But after seeing many pages and forums I got a doubt that why MS did not release windows 10 by DP app?
Thank you in advance.

1) it will be ready when it's ready
2) same answer as #1
3) I haven't had any problems, but your mileage may vary
4) it gives you RTM code

surendra356

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

After public updates (official updates) why don't we get Firmware updates?
as official updates will get a new firmware....

surendra356

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm Sorry if i'm asking too many questions but I would like to know about all my doubts on DP...

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

After public updates (official updates) why don't we get Firmware updates?
as official updates will get a new firmware....

Because firmware is much more depended on the model and has to be coded for each model, and in some places need to be approved by the carrier.

surendra356

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Oh! Now I understood.
Thank you.... If I get any more doubts i'll ask you...

surendra356

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Dear Sir, Just now i ticked to get preview updates, Before that i'd windows 8.1 update1 and Lumia Denim in Extras+info
Now i've Windows 8.1 update1 but Lumia cyan, See the screenwp_ss_20150222_0004.pngshots

Last edited by a moderator:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

It's a common bug with Extras+Info, don't let it discourage you too much. For some reason, the app sees the info on your phone differently from when your on and off Developer Preview.

Again, all common. :)

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Thank you in advance.

In answer to your original question in the title of the thread, it's rather simple. The software currently available for select Lumias is very early, unfinished, preview software. It's early enough in the development cycle that Microsoft is actively soliciting your feedback to help shape its direction, squash bugs and errors and improve the product before it is finalised and released. That's why it is provided via a different program called Insiders.

PfD provides early access to finished/polished OS builds that would otherwise be pushed out to you if it weren't for the laborious and time consuming process of carrier testing, approval and rollout (+ OEM firmware additions). Microsoft has said that there is a strong chance that the PfD program will continue in the same way since, as you can imagine, it's likely going to go through double the amount of torture to get this out officially via your OEM/carrier if they do it at all.

surendra356

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Okay...got it..
i'm waiting for windows 10 on DP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb