Why is my lumia 520's camera taking these grainy bright pixel images?

Kenn101

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
WP_20141204_007.jpgPhoto0064.jpgHello guyz! As i stated above, i have an lumia 520 but when i take shots from camera in low light or in dark i'm gettin' grainy type or bright pixels all over the image

So guyz my question is:

#what are the causes of this?
#can it be fixed if then how?
#can i fix it myself or do i had to visit service center

Thanks Guyz

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you upload an example image?

The Lumia 520's camera is far from the best mobile shooter you know, especially in low light, so we know performance is already relatively poor, but are your results normal?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't say for sure since I don't have a 520 in front of me to try, but I'm suspecting its simply the nature of the camera.

The 520's camera is hardly fancy and I think its just the byproduct of attempting to compensate for low light by ramping up sensitivity, contrast or something.

TL;DR I suspect its normal, since low light is sucky here anyway.
But I could be wrong, so hopefully someone with more hands on knowledge can chime in soon.

iSicle

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Well in a sense it is the hardware, hardware working as intended. The 520 doesn't have optical stabilization so it can't rely on slower shutter speed in low light conditions but instead needs to ramp up the ISO value to gain light sensitivity. This also adds lots of noise (those bright pixels).

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So, after taking all the facts provided into consideration, the question is can it be fixed

There is nothing to fix. That's how cameras work, including high-end DSLRs. If you ramp up the ISO the camera will try to capture a lot of what is know as noise. In this case you have to make sure the image is captured at a lower ISO. Lumia Camera on auto mode ramps up the ISO in low light. If you want to capture a minimum noise photo without increasing the ISO the only possible ways are either shoot the photo in ample external lighting or lower the shutter speed but you'll need real steady hands for it. Regardless in both cases you will have to control the ISO manually

terranoide

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey! Same problem here with Lumia 620, after Black/Cyan update. Before updates the photos were great.
I'm so tired of Windows Phone problems... this is a SOFTWARE problem, not hardware.

A pity that in the forums people don't know to say "i do not know"...

Waiting for a new Lumia... If the problems continue to emerge, goodbye Windows Phone, hello Android.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte