Broken Lumia 520

markusfenix74

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello

From yesterday, from nowhere and I don't know why, my Lumia 520 keeps restarting, everytime when it boot the system. I can't make hard reset, i can't restore old firmware, because it keeps restarting again and again.

Anybody have similar problem?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello

From yesterday, from nowhere and I don't know why, my Lumia 520 keeps restarting, everytime when it boot the system. I can't make hard reset, i can't restore old firmware, because it keeps restarting again and again.

Anybody have similar problem?

I think I've read about a similar problem somewhere. The proposed solution was to check that the battery is not loosely connected. This can be done by either tweaking the contact points with a precision tool (such as watchmaker's tweezer) or by inserting a sufficiently thickened-by-folding piece of paper in between the battery and the body of the phone.

Make sure, too, that your battery has sufficient charge... leave it plugged into a charger for at least 15 minutes and observe how it behaves.

And welcome to Windows Central.

markusfenix74

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks

I checked everything. Battery placement and other stuff. But nothing works. It just keeps restarting itself. I tried to use Lumia Recovery tool and WP Recovery tools, but those restarts breaks every attemp to restore device. Same for Nokia Care Suite.

Wierdest thing is, that if i tried to modify some settings between too restarts (for example, i tried to change bright color scheme to dark or I deleted Facebook messenger) after restart, everything what i changed is reversed

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks

I checked everything. Battery placement and other stuff. But nothing works. It just keeps restarting itself. I tried to use Lumia Recovery tool and WP Recovery tools, but those restarts breaks every attemp to restore device. Same for Nokia Care Suite.

Wierdest thing is, that if i tried to modify some settings between too restarts (for example, i tried to change bright color scheme to dark or I deleted Facebook messenger) after restart, everything what i changed is reversed

Sounds like it has been write-protected or something similar.

Here's one more shot: turn the phone off and remove the battery, then let it sit on your desk for 15 minutes (preferably with the case covering the space where the battery should go, but still without the battery). This should clear up any residual electrical charges that may be causing the "write-protected" effect. After 15 minutes, put the battery back inside and power up your phone. Then let us know what you find. Will go back to you after approximately 15 minutes.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
tried it, still not working

From the details in Post #1, it seemed like a battery problem. From the details in Post #3, it seemed like a drive issue. However, it is not as worse as a "boot error", which in some (rare) cases has the same symptom of being restarted - the only difference is that with the boot error the user never gets passed the start-up logo. In your case, you can still (at this point) access the phone settings.

Nonetheless, the solution might be the same for the boot error (since you can't connect your phone to a PC to re-install the OS because your phone will restart in the middle of everything) - that is to take your phone to an official service center and have it diagnosed and repaired. You could specifically ask them to just diagnose your phone first while you wait, and then decide to have it repaired once the diagnosis results are out.

Hope this helps, and let us know what you find.

P.S.
Out of curiosity, what happens if you remove your SD Card (safely, while your phone is turned off)? Will it still restart on its own?

markusfenix74

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Today, I found out, that I have old firmware backup in my PC, so i tried to made recovery. Everything worked fine, but when recovery starts (big Nokia logo), my phone again restart itself, and Nokia Care Suit give me this error message:
FA_ERR_VERIFY_FAIL: 0xFA00000D
Exception:
Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: FA_ERR_VERIFY_FAIL: 0xFA00000D
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__b(Object state)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Today, I found out, that I have old firmware backup in my PC, so i tried to made recovery. Everything worked fine, but when recovery starts (big Nokia logo), my phone again restart itself, and Nokia Care Suit give me this error message:
Exception:
Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: FA_ERR_VERIFY_FAIL: 0xFA00000D
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__b(Object state)

I've asked around and it seems that some of the data in your phone got corrupted.

Try using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to reinstall the latest stable OS for your phone. You can find the software and read more about it here. Let us know what happens.

andhi saputro

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, Windows Phone Recovery Tool is not working. when flashing and the Nokia logo into the red for a second and my lumia die back. :(

majid zoghi

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
A similar problem
my phone keep restart every 3 minutes or whenever I try to open any app except setting.
So I try to hard reset it, it does not work, my phone can't hard reset, all it do is a normal restart, nothing change.
Then I tried to use Windows Phone Recovery Tools, does not work either, my phone only show the Nokia logo for a while and then nothing happen, WPRT said recovery fail.
Then I tried Nokia Care Suite to flash my rom. It return an error code: FA_ERR_VERIFY_FAIL: 0xFA00000D

So, in general, I can't hard reset my phone, can't use the recovery tool, can't flash rom, and cannot use my phone since it restart every 3 minutes.....
What should I do now? Somebody please help me.... :(

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
THE SAME PROBLEM I"VE ENCOUNTERED WITH MY LUMIA 520!
My phone Keeps restarting evrytime I open an apps or try a hard rest even when flashing, it just keep restarting. I think there's no solution for this :cry: I cannot find any solution on the internet.

Mehrdad Khodaei

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I tried all of the solution(soft reset, hard reset,remove the battery for a few hours, flash with windows device recovery tool; Nokia care suite) but didn't work. so i am confused. Anybody have another solution?

thanks for helping

Salil Jain

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Same EXACT issue with my Lumia 520.
Soft,hard,PC reset - nothing works.
Changed the battery and checked.
It is stuck on a particular date and time, any settings change is not permanent it goes off after restart.
Flashing the phone gives below error :
Exception:
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__c(Object state)

Visited Nokia Care - It seems it would almost cost me another phone to get this one repaired.
So any help will be highly appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon