My Lumia 520 bricked from recovery tool, how can I fix this?

sankar_k

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
hai all
i am using nokia lumia 520..the problem i faced is ,recently i had upgraded from 8.1 to windows 10 preview where i am not satisfied with 10..i tried to reinstall 8.1 windows from windows recovery tool but the software was not installed properly and my phone turned to total dead and it is not working or ON at all..even i took my phone to nokia care but they didn't fix my problem and told me to change the mother board which cost around rs3000 where my hardware is perfect....please rectify my problem or fix my problem where i tried all types of methods like reboot with keys and turbo flash where my phone is not detecting and showing error like usb not detected or waiting for the device in windows recovery tool and flash turbo...

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The fact is that the bricked phones can be fixed, but it will likely need a Nokia Care visit to reflash the signed bootloader.

Will be interesting to see how Microsoft deal with this issue.

sankar_k

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
hai all
i am using nokia lumia 520..the problem i faced is ,recently i had upgraded from 8.1 to windows 10 preview where i am not satisfied with 10..i tried to reinstall 8.1 windows from windows recovery tool but the software was not installed properly and my phone turned to total dead and it is not working or ON at all..even i took my phone to nokia care but they didn't fix my problem and told me to change the mother board which cost around rs3000 where my hardware is perfect....please rectify my problem or fix my problem where i tried all types of methods like reboot with keys and turbo flash where my phone is not detecting and showing error like usb not detected or waiting for the device in windows recovery tool and flash turbo.

ashishpec3

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
there are two situation possible----
1. YOUR LUMIA IS ONLY SHOWING A RED SCREEN
then go to nokia care centre, those people will install the windows phone 8.1 firmware on your device. they will definitely charge you some money whether your phone in warranty or not.

2.YOUR LUMIA DOES NOT EVEN LIGHTS UP(NO RESPONSE AT ALL)
even then you have to visit NOKIA care centre. my lumia 520 suffered from same epidemic disease. I went to Nokia care point and those people replaced the motherboard of my lumia for 3000 INR (50 $). now, its healthy again and working like a new set.
now OS is windows phone 8.1 obviously. my phone was OUT OF WARRANTY:wink::wink::wink:

ashishpec3

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 bricked from recovery tool

there are two situations possible----
then go to nokia care centre, those people will install the windows phone 8.1 firmware on your device. they will definitely charge you some money whether your phone in warranty or not.

even then you have to visit NOKIA care centre. my lumia 520 suffered from same epidemic disease. I went to Nokia care point and those people replaced the motherboard of my lumia for 3000 INR (50 $). now, its healthy again and working like a new set.
now OS is windows phone 8.1 obviously. my phone was OUT OF WARRANTY

ashishpec3

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

zubair riaz

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

i handed over my phone to nokia care and according to latest update they shipped it to factory to replace the faulty part...

enxee

May 9, 2015
Visit site
A FIX HAS BEEN MADE!!!
This is real. I just fixed my lumia 520 with the empty screen, no vibrate, no response, and "QHSUSB_DLOAD" thing.

****https**://****sujitintel.wordpress.****com/**2015/05/08**/lumia-520-bricked-here-is-100-working-fix-for-all/
Cant post links damnit! just remove the asterisks

Missed my phone so much, and its back from the dead! Kudos to the OP

RV94

May 10, 2015
Visit site

Gabriel Aul confirmed that the recent update of Lumia Software Recovery Tool has the fix. Use latest release of Windows Phone Recovery Tool or Lumia Software Recovery Tool on your PC to flash it.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I have a Lumia 520 and I have downgraded and upgraded twice without issue.

First make sure you have the updated version of the Windows phone recovery pc program.

**If unsure uninstall and reinstall the pc program and restart your pc**

Connect the phone once pc and program is started (booted) do the flash/recovery process again as usual.

Make sure your USB cable is 100% working.
Here is the recovery tool needed.
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ie/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/recover-my-phone

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

Adding to it: LSRT will download cyan update of 1.5gb, and then if u wish to go to denim update via OTA, its of 240mb.(*t&c).
So before downgrade make sure to recharge data plan.
Ty

sujitintel

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
A FIX HAS BEEN MADE!!!
This is real. I just fixed my lumia 520 with the empty screen, no vibrate, no response, and "QHSUSB_DLOAD" thing.

****https**://****sujitintel.wordpress.****com/**2015/05/08**/lumia-520-bricked-here-is-100-working-fix-for-all/
Cant post links damnit! just remove the asterisks

Missed my phone so much, and its back from the dead! Kudos to the OP

thank me buddy !! thats my link :smile:

varun m

May 25, 2015
Visit site
hello friends ,
even i bricked my phone i.e lumia 520 during updating it to windows 10 preview . what should u do is take another lumia 520 (which is in normal condition) and connect it to the windows phone recovery tool 2.1.0 and let it detect and after downloading the package remove the lumia 520 {which is in normal condition} and connect the bricked 520 and then click install , the package will get installed , this worked for me so good , hope it works with you all guys , thank you :) and all the best :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro