Why am I unable to install W10TP?

carlcamera

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Unable to install W10TP

After multiple hard and soft resets and phone updates, my Lumia 520 has installed every update that it says it can get. I am sitting at this OS version:

Model: Nokia Lumia 520
Carrier: AT&T
Sofware: Windows Phone 8.1 Update
OS version: 8.10.14219.341

I have registered for Windows Insider, and I have installed the Windows Insider app. However, the instructions don't describe what I'm experiencing.

1. I open Windows Insider App and choose Fast Ring
2. The phone automatically reboots (screenshot attached) from the Insider App whether or not I click the confirmation check mark
3. After reboot, I go to Settings | Phone Update | Check for Updates and it states You are up to date.

Note that the OS Version above is listed as appropriate for Lumia ICON (Verizon) and Lumia 1520(AT&T) both of which are excluded from the current fast ring W10TP. How did I end up with that OS? According to the Microsoft Availability Chart I should be at 8.10.12393.890. Could this be why I cannot install the Tech Preview?

auto-boot.png

Also note (not sure if this matters) I do not have a SIM card in my phone. I'm updating via WiFi only.

SOLVED: Microsoft has temporarily suspended W10TP Phones for Lumia 520 and others. Windows 10 for phones preview pulled for Lumia 520, 525 and 526 | Windows Central

Last edited:

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to install W10TP

How long have you waited? I first GDR2 on my 920 and then 30 minutes later it finally showed and started downloading W10TP.

You should not use W10TP if you are not experienced and/or a developer.

carlcamera

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

Thank you. I waited several hours then rebooted this morning without luck.

1. The instructions on WC state to click the checkmark then proceed to Settings | Phone Update | Check for Updates with no mention of a reboot. Did you experience a forced reboot?
2. Thank you for your warning. If you have concerns of my technical qualifications, you can find them here.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. I waited several hours then rebooted this morning without luck.

1. The instructions on WC state to click the checkmark then proceed to Settings | Phone Update | Check for Updates with no mention of a reboot. Did you experience a forced reboot?
2. Thank you for your warning. If you have concerns of my technical qualifications, you can find them here.

Go back into insider app, click fast ring and go through the steps again, this time after reboot your phone should install win10 tech preview build

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Since I got.my 1520, I no.longer have a pc, as It everything I need.and.i.love it. But, now.i.cant revert back to.WP8.1 unless.someone can show me an OTA solution to use Lumia Recovery Tool???

carlcamera

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks I appreciate the assistance. You see, that is the problem I am reporting: what should be happening is not happening. I've selected Fast Ring and rebooted (then waited) several times and the W10TP is still not installing. So I was wondering if anyone else might have an insight as to why what should happen isn't happening. My guess is that somehow I ended up with an OS version that has been excluded from this current round of W10TP and -- perhaps -- the servers aren't sending the update to my phone because they falsely identify my phone as an ICON/1520. Just checking to see if this has happened to anyone else and what they did to solve this problem.

carlcamera

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

... click fast ring and go through the steps again...

Could you describe "the steps" because I'm only seeing these steps
1. Choose Fast Ring
2. Click Accept
3. Reboot screen.

I do not see "the steps." I see "the accept button" and that's it. Are there more steps?

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

Could you describe "the steps" because I'm only seeing these steps
1. Choose Fast Ring
2. Click Accept
3. Reboot screen.

I do not see "the steps." I see "the accept button" and that's it. Are there more steps?
Those are the steps I was talking about

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb