Why is my Nokia Lumia 520 not charging or powering on?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 520 not charging or powering on

Hiya all,

I've had my Nokia Lumia 520 for about a year, not had many problems with it. Yesterday, however, I dropped my phone in the car, and the back and battery came out. Seeing as this is pretty normal, I replaced the battery and powered the phone back on.

I carried on using the phone as normal that day, nothing seemed weird. That night, however, I left the phone to discharge, and this morning I plugged it in, to see it not do anything at all. No vibration, no image, nothing. I thought I would leave it for a while, but after 30 minutes of charging nothing had worked.

I tried using different wall sockets, tried charging it through my PC and even through the TV USB socket, to no avail. I used different plugs and different cables, nothing would work.

I suppose this means there's something wrong with the phone? Can someone help me resolve this? Thanks in advance,

Woody

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 520 not charging or powering on

The battery may have run flat overnight. In that case the chip in the battery goes into a coma.

Plug into the Factory AC Charger and leave the phone alone. No button presses, no attempts to boot it up. Just wait. It usually takes a couple of hours and then the phone boots itself and starts charging normally from around 6% or so. Leave it to charge back to 100% before disconnecting the current and then resume normal use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo