How do I access photos on my Nokia Lumia 520 without a password?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to access photos on Nokia Lumia 520 without password

My sister passed away in April. I've been holding on to her phone for the past few months along with many other personal items, since she was not married and had a minor son. I was about to toss her phone in the trash when it dawned on me that she might have some recent photos from the past year with her and her 13 year old son that he would like. Is there anyway to access these? I'm not sure who her phone carrier was. Her boyfriend and her shared a line and he paid the bill and cancelled her number after she passed.

Any hacker tips for accessing the photos without her 4 digit password?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to access photos on Nokia Lumia 520 without password

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.
But there is no way to hack a windowsphone which is protected with a pin.
You may however check if she used an SD card and if so you could get it out here phone and check on your PC is she had photos stored on the SD card.
Good luck and I hope you can find the photos on the SD card.

Ruth Ray

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I appreciate the help. I'll try and see if there is an SD card. I wonder if I can provide a death certificate to the phone company if they would give me the PIN, since I am her next of kin. Maybe not though. I'll ask her BF what phone company it was. I already asked him if he knew her PIN and he said no. They had a rocky relationship and he lives in another state than me, so it's awkward. First time I met him in person was in the hospital the week before she passed, so we are not close.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you already try some pin numbers like the year here son was born or something like that.
But if you start trying pin numbers be aware that if you enter a wrong number to often it will lock for some time.

"If you've entered the wrong password 5 times, the phone will be locked for 1 minute. If you enter another wrong password, it'll be locked for 2 minutes, then 4, then 8, and so on. "
From
https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp7/basics/lock-screens-faq

Actual the phone company also does not know the PIN and can not really help you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99