How do I reboot my Lumia 520?

Sam Angulie

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
During an update I did with the WP System update tool, my phone got disconnected prematurely, and you guessed it, it wont react.
Both Lumia system recovery tool and the WP system update tool do not recognise my phone anymore, and the Power-button + Volume down buttons do not do the trick either. How in the world do I get my system back up 'n running?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I reboot my Lumia 520

During an update I did with the WP System update tool, my phone got disconnected prematurely, and you guessed it, it wont react.

Both Lumia system recovery tool and the WP system update tool do not recognise my phone anymore, and the Power-button + Volume down buttons do not do the trick either. How in the world do I get my system back up 'n running?

Chill dude help is here, take out your battery for a minute and replace it, then connect the phone to your pc and the phone should auto boot up, once the recovery tool sees the phone start the process over again.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

You don't even need to put in your sim pin just start the process again. I had a 520 and this method worked for me.

Sam Angulie

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

Thanks mate, I tried letting the battery out over night after just 15/30 minutes didn't worked. But I am still out of luck. Whenever trying to connect, both "tools" say my phone isn't supported.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Thanks mate, I tried letting the battery out over night after just 15/30 minutes didn't worked. But I am still out of luck. Whenever trying to connect, both "tools" say my phone isn't supported.

Have you tried using the latest Windows phone recovery tool? Have you got the latest drivers?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
And do they say the phone isn't supported? or not recognized? There is a difference. What you'll need to do is use the option saying your phone wasn't detected, and you should be able to do what is called a "cold flash".

Sam Angulie

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have the latest recovery tools/drivers (Updated about 3dys ago), and the phone wasn't supported (I was a bit unclear about it) I have found that instead of a portable device, my phone is now being detected as a Qualcomm HS-usb qdloader 9008 (com4)
Maybe this helps..?

Sam Angulie

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried using the latest Windows phone recovery tool? Have you got the latest drivers?
I do, I updated my drivers 3dys ago, and I got the recovery tools the day I had to update my phone, 2 days ago...
And do they say the phone isn't supported? or not recognized?
You got me there, its not supported. But prior to the incident, it was (supported).
Perhaps it helps if I say that instead of being recognized as a portable device as usually, its driver has changed to "Qualcomm HS-usb qdloader 9008 (com4)"

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe the solution for "Qualcomm HS-usb qdloader" is to take/send the device to Nokia Care. They flash the chip on the motherboard directly.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I believe the solution for "Qualcomm HS-usb qdloader" is to take/send the device to Nokia Care. They flash the chip on the motherboard directly.

Yes I second this, it needs to be flashed, so sorry your in this predicament. I got mine fixed using the windows phone recovery tool I don't know, maybe reinstall the WP recovery tool? Uninstall all drivers associated with your current recovery tool, one last effort before bringing it to the Nokia Centre.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss