Lumia 521 on Net10?

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Net10 on my AT&T Lumia 900 and it works fine without the phone being unlocked. I am interested in checking out the 521 but would like to know if it works with Net10. Has anyone has success with this or any other carriers besides T-Mobile?

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Net10 on my AT&T Lumia 900 and it works fine without the phone being unlocked. I am interested in checking out the 521 but would like to know if it works with Net10. Has anyone has success with this or any other carriers besides T-Mobile?

I have been so disgusted with T-Mobile and how they have been uncommunicative about the 810 that I will likely be moving to Net10 with my old HTC HD7 this week. I have been curious as to if I really did need to unlock it or not and so I am interested to hear you say you did not need to unlock your AT&T 900. I can't give you any information about the 521, but I certainly will tell you how the HD 7 goes, and will be watching the thread....

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I dropped AT&T shortly after I got the "unlock code" from them and switched to Net10. So I didn't have to fully unlock the phone in order to use Net10, just used the code that I got from AT&T.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
So I didn't have to fully unlock the phone in order to use Net10, just used the code that I got from AT&T.

You kind of lost me with the idea of "fully unlock" verses using the unlock code that you got from AT&T. I sounds to me that you did unlock your phone. But no big deal, I am going to call T-Mobile either today or tomorrow to request an unlock for my old HTC HD7, so that I can take it to Net10. I've heard that with Simple Mobile you don't even need to unlock the phone if it is a T-Mobile phone and I was curious as to if Net10 was similar.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You kind of lost me with the idea of "fully unlock" verses using the unlock code that you got from AT&T. I sounds to me that you did unlock your phone. But no big deal, I am going to call T-Mobile either today or tomorrow to request an unlock for my old HTC HD7, so that I can take it to Net10. I've heard that with Simple Mobile you don't even need to unlock the phone if it is a T-Mobile phone and I was curious as to if Net10 was similar.

If you have a Net10 SIM card using T-Mobile's network you do not need to unlock the Lumia 521. The 521 is locked to T-Mobile, but the the SIM would be using T-Mobile's network so you're good to go. If you have a Net10 SIM using AT&T's network, the 521 will not work without unlocking.

Mark Plantenberg

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
What a great deal!
You can buy a brand new Nokia 521 on Walmart.com for $99, get a T-Mo,Net10,Straight Talk SIM and buy some minutes and you're good to go. You can be online for < $150 with no contract or monthly phone payments!
What a great deal for a new, well made smartphone.
Thanks for the Posts!

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been so disgusted with T-Mobile and how they have been uncommunicative about the 810 that I will likely be moving to Net10 with my old HTC HD7 this week. I have been curious as to if I really did need to unlock it or not and so I am interested to hear you say you did not need to unlock your AT&T 900. I can't give you any information about the 521, but I certainly will tell you how the HD 7 goes, and will be watching the thread....

whoops, forgot all about this thread.

I was successful unlocking the HTC HD7 and was able to transfer to Net10 without too much issue. However once I was on Net10's service I noticed that I could not send or receive MMS texts. I also noticed that their forum had this weird requirement that you post five times before you could receive a message. Once I did all that and ended up messaging with Net10 customer service they said they'd check on the issue and never responded back. That happened with a couple of customer service reps. I noticed that the issue with the HTC HD7 and MMS had been brought up before on the forums and so I messaged some of the other people that had posted on the issue to ask if it had ever been resolved. One, maybe two people responded saying that the issue had never been resolved.

So I stayed with Net10 a total of one month. It was not cheaper than T-Mobile and with the problem with MMS, if I was going to get poor customer service with Net10, why not just stay with the poor customer service at T-Mobile. And so I've brought my HTC HD7 back to T-Mobile for some months now. I should be receiving a new cheapish HTC 8x in a week and will switch to that with T-Mobile then...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon