- 05-28-2013, 07:25 AM #1
I used Nokia Drive for the first time a couple of nights ago and I am very impressed. I was in Boston and there is this back way out to 24S that I consistently screw up especially if it is getting dark. I have been amazed at how fast it gets a lock on the satellites. Then I realized it was also using cell tower locations. This is a real advantage over regular GPS "garmin". One of the things I wanted the 521 to do was replace the Garmin that I had sold. The spoken directions were superior and I liked the map layout. I used 10% of the battery in about 30 minutes "no car charger yet". It was an all around good experience.
T mobile really has Boston covered, 5 bars most of the places I checked. Wish it was that good on the south coast. The wifi calling is such a bonus as I got the phone before it was announced. I may replace it with something like the 925 but not for quite a while and then it will be a spare.
07-27-2013, 07:43 PM #4
- 28 Posts
I recently used Nokia Drive for a trip from MO to Indianapolis, IN and was very impressed with it. The speed alert even worked through construction zones, adjusting to the lower speed limit. At one point I was navigating in Indianapolis without it, based on directions from a friend and got lost. I turned it on and with my return address typed in, it quickly got me back to the highway and on my way home. Very nice app! I like the phone a lot too.
- By aztec12 in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 2Last Post: 04-15-2014, 12:55 PM
- By simbadogg in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-13-2013, 05:44 AM
- By calfee20 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 12-26-2012, 04:39 PM
- By tcman88 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-13-2012, 02:54 PM
- By Duvi in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 01-08-2012, 07:26 AM