rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, swipe to the right, long press on any app u don't want and uninstall
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

oaooao

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Would be nice, but it does not apply to ALL pre-installed apps. Some of them you can only pin2start
but cannot delete.

BTW, when I try to uninstall the pre-installrd ringtones and I tap the delete option nothing happens,
they are not deleted.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Would be nice, but it does not apply to ALL pre-installed apps. Some of them you can only pin2start
but cannot delete.

BTW, when I try to uninstall the pre-installrd ringtones and I tap the delete option nothing happens,
they are not deleted.

You can't uninstall any of the core operating system apps from Microsoft. I just helped my neighbor clear out all the bloatware from the carrier. And you are correct that you can NOT remove any of the pre-installed ringtones. Why, I have no clue, but it is, what it is.

It's just not this phone, but all the WP8 devices you can not remove the existing ringtones. If you add ringtones, you can remove those.

oaooao

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I sort of figured that much, just wanted to confirm. And I thought maybe somebody developed some hack.

You have no clue? Sound like you have not used Windows computers :).
That's what MS normally does and they taught all hw vendors to emulate them.

There are elements in demand and not in demand and they force you to swallow the latter if you want to get the former.
So much for individual products competing on merit.

For those with hacking ability and pleasure, here are the apps I would like to get read of but can't:

Games

Calendar: if I ever need one, there'll be a better one available.
Help+Tips: Ditto
Music+ Videos:Ditto
Office
One Note
Wallet
IE: Is there a FireFox for WP8?

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
IE: Is there a FireFox for WP8?

Firefox cannot use there own engine, and being licensed under the GNU, the version of GNU its licensed under will not permit submittal to the windows store for Windows Phone 7. As far as Windows Phone 8, I doubt they even looked into it, and seeing as still they can't use their own engine, they probably still won't make it. Especially after stating they won't go to iOS w/o their own engine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers