Skype with no front facing camera?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
What's the word with Skype on the 521 with no front facing camera? Do you only use it for voice, or flip the phone around for video?

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
In any case I don't advise you to use video with Skype! The phone gets super hot and burns through the battery in like 10 minutes.

seanbecker

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing is, I just did that with a mirror two days ago, actually it worked fine, but clunky... As far as battery life was concerned, just leave it plugged in :)

web1b

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there a stand available so you could set the 520/521 down on a desk or counter in front of a mirror and have the camera angled correctly so your arm doesn't get tired from holding up the phone? I could imagine either using a bathroom mirror or having a small mirror sitting on a counter with the phone camera pointed towards it. You could watch the other person on the screen by looking at the reflection of the phone screen in the mirror.
I know Vainworks makes a perfect stand for video chats on phones without front facing cameras with a mirror built in, but it won't work for the Lumia 520 or 521 because it only works for phones with the rear camera near the side of the phone and the Lumias have the camera in the middle.

ibenzawla

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I am yet to miss Skype on the 521. Just as flash. Maybe I have different priorities as far as smartphones are concerned. Lumia 521 as it is right is a joy to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon