Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By James8561

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hello people of the world I Just got yesterday my FIRST windows phone 8 and I have to say I am very much satisfied with it!

Dose anyone have any cool tips tricks or apps that can share with me I dont know how to customize it very well lol

well you'd want a weather app because, well everything has a weather app these days XD : Amazing Weather HD
    for quick dialing and a premium dialing experience, try RapDialer Paid
    for the best news and RSS app in the marketplace: Weave News Reader
    and of course since you're posting on this site: WPCentral
    since everyone has one: Facebook Beta. needs a special link for this one here: Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    the best photography app of all time: ProShot
    and for everything else that maybe useful: Jack of all Tools
    you should also check out the nokia collection in the store
    enjoy!

PS: I just realize that with only a 5MP camera you might not need proshot, but it's a great app.

update: forgot that u said tips and tricks as well:
    Tips and tricks | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)
    WP8 Newbie Tips

one trick that is extremely useful is that say if u want to type one symbol or a number, instead of having to tap the 123... key, press desired key, then tap abc... to get back, simply press 123 and hold, you'll see the keyboard change, without removing your finger, drag it to the desired key, release touch and you'll have your qwerty keyboard back :) try it it's neat
    Thanked by:
    saintforlife likes this.

Here's a helpful site that I stumbled across with all sorts of tips & tricks for the 521....

Nokia Lumia 521 Tips and Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by James8561 View Post
    for the best news and RSS app in the marketplace: Weave News Reader
    I dispute. I find Collector much better

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    What phone do u have James8561 ?? I ask cause you said i have a 5MP cam i really want the HTC 8x

One other question how can i add my FB account to my phone with out all my friend list going into my contacts ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia521 View Post
    What phone do u have James8561 ?? I ask cause you said i have a 5MP cam i really want the HTC 8x

One other question how can i add my FB account to my phone with out all my friend list going into my contacts ?
    Use the Facebook App Only or Hide The Facebook Contacts in the People Hub buy Unchecking the Box before Facebook under Contacts Settings.