Shutting off and switching apps

oaooao

May 23, 2013
Visit site
There are instances where I want to close an app, particularly IE sessions and I cannot.

E.g.

the Starbucks WiFi login--I would like to close it after I connect, but I can't. All I can do is switch to Home.
There is an app Wireless Battery Charger that claims to be minimie the discharge rate by using the magnetic field around you.
Sometimes when I switch away from it, it keeps working, other times not.

Is there any way to control what happens with apps when I switch?
How do I kill an IE session?

bjd223

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have never been to starbucks but why can't you just open ie and than open the tabs menu and close it from there?

If you press and hold the back key it will show you a history of the apps you have been using, they are not necessarily running in the background if they are in that list. Where are you seeing this Starbucks page you cannot close?

If you hit home an app will run in the background if it supports it. If you hit the back key from an app it will suspend/close it and not use your battery.

Also if you goto settings background tasks you should block things you don't want to run in the background. I block everything except weather personally.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
What trouble are you having in closing down applications? The proper way to close an app is to use the back button and that's all there is to it. With IE10, you may have multiple tabs open so all you need to do is tap menu then Tabs. You will then get a page of all open tabs with a (X) in each one which you can tap to close the tab.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720