Can I purchase a T-Mobile 521 from Wal-mart and unlock it right away and use it in Canada?

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know if I can do this.

My friend is going to the US this weekend and wants to pick up a couple of Lumia 521s. He wants to make sure before he buys them that they can be unlocked right away.

The bands are perfect for him to use on Mobilicity here in Canada so its a great buy (if he can indeed find some).

Does anyone know if this phone since its pre-paid can be unlocked easily? Up here we use wwww.mobileincanada.com to unlock phones, if someone with a t-mobile 521 can go to this site and enter their IMEI # then it will tell you if it can be unlocked. Anyone willing to do this or at least confirm that it can be unlocked immediately?

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, did you send it to mobileincanada.com or T-Mobile?

let me know please! I have unlocked 5 phones through mobileincanada.com, the fastest was 2 hours for a Samsung ATIV-S and the worst was a Lumia 520 that took about a 12 hours.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
There is also canadagsm for unlocking. I was gonna use them to unlock a telus 520 for use on bell before I decided to get the ATIV S from bell for $0.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I called T-Mo a day after I got my phone. They were unable to unlock my Samsung in August so they gladly sent me the code for the Lumia 521 right away. I always tell them that I have overseas travel coming up and they need to unlock the phone. So far I haven't had issues with them - I have unlocked 7 phones with them so far. Please keep in mind that I have been a customer for 9 years as well, which helps out quite a bit.

50atomic

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I called T-Mo a day after I got my phone. They were unable to unlock my Samsung in August so they gladly sent me the code for the Lumia 521 right away. I always tell them that I have overseas travel coming up and they need to unlock the phone. So far I haven't had issues with them - I have unlocked 7 phones with them so far. Please keep in mind that I have been a customer for 9 years as well, which helps out quite a bit.

Second this. Don't expect it to be very easy unless you are a long time customer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills