Lumia 520 bug

csmith03

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Lumia 520 for just over a month or so now and have noticed (more frequently recently) that even though I have looked at my phone not long beforehand, my phone literally will not light up when I press the lock/unlock button. My phone never dies from low battery as I'm careful about that. In fact, it just did it while it was on charge and I had just turned off an alarm. I don't know what the hell is causing it but it's annoying as the only way I can get it back on is to take the battery out of the phone and put it back in again. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows how to sort it out? Thanks!

Mohak Adav

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes it also happens with my 720 . It dies suddenly even when battery is fully charged. I just plug it to a charger and it reboots . Sometimes it even restarts on its own.

anyacooool

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Try resetting the 520. It was happening when I bought it, but now it has not occured in the last few weeks. Maybe it is one of the apps which is not savvy with the WP8 OS.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This has happened a few times to my 521. I am quite sure the camera gets activated through my leather carrying case and quickly kills the battery.

SlantNGo

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I think this has been discussed before, and the conclusion was that the battery compartment is a bit loose. Someone mentioned folding up a piece of paper to put more pressure on the battery contacts so it doesn't come loose. I just ran into it this morning--it was pretty annoying because I had to snap open my hard case and broke it in the process.

lewismr

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the same thing happening to my Lumia 520...It gets shuts down in every 3 to 4 days and i have to take the battery out in order to switch it back on.....Sometime its very annoying when you are outdoor and you have to open your phone in middle of the road to get it back on......Otherwise Lumia 520 is just amazing....

Tanay Bhatawadekar

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this problem is in my lumia only but try this.
1. open music. play any song and pause it
2. exit music. open whatsapp.
3. exit whatsapp. now open music and select resume.
in my case, the whatsapp window opens again.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this problem is in my lumia only but try this.
1. open music. play any song and pause it
2. exit music. open whatsapp.
3. exit whatsapp. now open music and select resume.
in my case, the whatsapp window opens again.

Its because whatsapp uses the audio API. Its the way whatsapp was coded. Its not a music player fault.

bsanu

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I've got the exact same problem. Not the loose battery contacts - I have tried that. Don't have many apps either, I uninstalled Skype and Nokia Drive (not the beta) when I read other posts. Does the Weather Channel app cause any problems?

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I think this has been discussed before, and the conclusion was that the battery compartment is a bit loose. Someone mentioned folding up a piece of paper to put more pressure on the battery contacts so it doesn't come loose. I just ran into it this morning--it was pretty annoying because I had to snap open my hard case and broke it in the process.

I also suspected it had something to do with the batter and/or battery contacts... My lumia would die even though it had more than half of battery charge left... I tried putting a folded up piece of paper and it worked.. but next day it started either rebooting or just shutting down completely... I finally found the right spot to put the paper and it has not shut down or restarted in a week.

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I've got the exact same problem. Not the loose battery contacts - I have tried that. Don't have many apps either, I uninstalled Skype and Nokia Drive (not the beta) when I read other posts. Does the Weather Channel app cause any problems?

Have you tried the folded paper option? Instead of just trying to wiggle the battery around... because you might not have wiggle room going sideways(up,down-vertical/horizontal) it might be depressed inward a lil too much...

Winkle Salaria

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hello,
almost same problem happening with my Lumia 520 also, but its not getting start now. Itself it rebooted and stuck on black screen showing only NOKIA written. nothing happens after that. Its really annoying cos i didn't take backup also of my contact nos. & pics. does anyone have solution for it ? I did try of soft reseting i.e. pressing both buttons - vol. down button & start button together but same thing happened, stucked on black screen by NOKIA written.
Please suggest some solution abt it.

Thanks
Salaria

Winkle Salaria

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hello,
almost same problem happening with my Lumia 520 also, but its not getting start now. Itself it rebooted and stuck on black screen showing only NOKIA written. nothing happens after that. Its really annoying cos i didn't take backup also of my contact nos. & pics. does anyone have solution for it ? I did try of soft reseting i.e. pressing both buttons - vol. down button & start button together but same thing happened, stucked on black screen by NOKIA written.
Please suggest some solution abt it.

Thanks
Salaria

Winkle Salaria

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes I do have, Ok I m rebooting now without SD card........ lets see wht happen !!
wow.......atleast it shows the ON screen.
first thing i m gonna do is take recent backup of my phone.
Thanks dear.... so do u think that the only problem was wid SD card.... or still any other technical issue persists ?

Regards,
Salaria

parth9740

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the same thing happening to my Lumia 520...It gets shuts down in every 3 to 4 days and i have to take the battery out in order to switch it back on.....Sometime its very annoying when you are outdoor and you have to open your phone in middle of the road to get it back on......Otherwise Lumia 520 is just amazing....

have you find any solution regarding this.
Because i am facing same issue

Last edited:

abstractius

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I think some similar bugs that were bugging me went away when I updated to "Amber" as offered by the phone last month. However, either the update, or the installation of several apps, or finally my SD card has triggered a scary new bug, some times I get no calls and SMS while people tell me the number appeared unavailable, I turn off, turn on and there they are, all the missed SMS and phone calls. Of course it could be even a problem of my operator, although I never experienced this problem with my other phones and this simcard. Already happened on 4 different days in the 2 weeks since the update

Craig Burger

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Apparently some Nokia Lumia handsets have a problem with constantly rebooting.

I have found that setting the phone to only use 3G in the data settings as well as not using LTE on start up, stopped the phone from rebooting, suggesting the bug may be in the radio stack.

Hopefully Nokia is looking into a fix, but until then, which doesn't seem soon as it's not a current part of the latest v.3 update , if your phone is constantly rebooting, this may be a temporary fix until Nokia delivers a patch.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to upvote if this worked for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss