So much for my new phone - replacement parts?

Kelly VanArsdale

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. Just became a WP user with the 521. Really like the phone and op system. I have only had the phone for a week but, unfortunately, it is already broken. First broken phone in over 13 years I have had a cell phone. It slipped out of my hand while getting out of my truck and it hit the pavement. I managed to slow the impact down with my leg/foot but obviously not enough. I know I should have had a case on it but I wasn't paying $30+ for the ones T-mobile sells and the one I ordered still hasn't arrived yet.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can buy the proper 521 replacement screen other than ebay?

Attachments

• bustednokia521.jpg
    bustednokia521.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6

Kelly VanArsdale

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I will check with T-mobile tomorrow.

When I bought the phone the insurance was going to be an additional $8 a month and the paper I read said the deductible was $150. Well, that just didn't seem like a good deal to me for some reason when the phone only cost $150.

Kelly VanArsdale

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, T-mobile was no help. Not their fault. Couldn't get a hold of Nokia to see if I could get a new screen from them but this daylight savings time crap had me call too late. Try again tomorrow but earlier.

Thanks for all the input. I know the 510 screen is about an 1/8" too short so that would not be the best solution. Yes, it supposedly does work but I really want the proper screen if I'm going to spend the money and go through the trouble. As for buying another phone, not an option. I bought this phone using their payment plan as I just can't afford to buy a phone outright let alone buy another. Hell, that is why I went with the 521 in the first place!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon