Lumia 521 wont come up

Saed Shawwa

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I turned my phone off today , battery was at 38% then tried to turn it back on it wont come up , so I though batter is out of juice , I plugged in the usb charger , the phone vibrated once then the nokia logo / black screen showed up then a big battery indicator with red in it show up with a flashing "recharging plug" kept it on the usb charger for 4 hours when I unplugged it it turned off , tried to turn it back on nothing ... I plugged the cable again and its the same loop

any idea?
thanks

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you charging from PC or AC ? when it's Red it will take forever to charge and stay on when its plugged into your laptop. Did you pull the battery and put it back in ? do it.

Saed Shawwa

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
charging it through the AC adapter that came with it , and yes I did pull the battery and put it back in still I just woke up and its the same its been on the chargers for more than 10 hours now

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Try a hard reset With the phone turned off, press the Power key to turn on the phone, then immediately press and hold Volume Down key.
  1. An exclamation point “!” will appear on the display.
  2. Press the following keys in this order:
  3. Volume Up
  4. Volume Down
  5. Power Key
  6. Volume Down

If that does not help then you will need to either contact T-Mobile or exchange if within x amount of days of purchase.

Saed Shawwa

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought it a 4 weeks ago , nokia does come with US limited warrantee to replace it I contacted them they are investigating the issue and see if im eligible for a free replacement.
the problem is the phone wont come up when I press the power key it will only come up when I plug in the usb cable wether it was hooked up to the wall or usb port on a laptop/desktop

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought it a 4 weeks ago , nokia does come with US limited warrantee to replace it I contacted them they are investigating the issue and see if im eligible for a free replacement.

the problem is the phone wont come up when I press the power key it will only come up when I plug in the usb cable wether it was hooked up to the wall or usb port on a laptop/desktop

The Shell is on correct right, the power button itself is not stuck is it or something blocking it.

Read this Phone will not take a charge or power on: Nokia... | T-Mobile Support

Saed Shawwa

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
shell is on correctly , but ill double check if the button it self is stuck or something is blocking it , and ill double check the batterys "vbat" in the link you sent and as I don't have the phone with me now but I will let you know how it goes
thanks!

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
either the case isnt all the way on, the battery is loose (some people had problems with this), or the buttons on the case can be sticking (this has happened to me before).

Saed Shawwa

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
ok now im not sure if this is good news or bad news , I managed to power on the device and it did a hard reset , then went through the setup etc.. now as soon as I plug in the usb charger or the wall charger the phone turns off and goes back to red battery icon, I didn't leave it long enough on the wall charger nor the usb , but im going to try it now see if that makes any difference

Saed Shawwa

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
actually I found the problem the battery I noticed when I took the cover out and tried to turn it on while my fingers are on the battery it will stay on and when I plug in the usb cable it charges , when I remove my fingers of the battery battery it turns off
loose battery cheap design not their fault but I bought it 99$ went cheap at the time they didn't have the lumia 925 out yet and my 710 died , so for now I did stick a piece of my cigarettes pack to hold the battery tight and its working okay I guess.

thanks all for your help I really appreciate it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99