Easy bluetooth start-up and Ford Sync questions

josephgerth

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

First of all, thanks for taking the time to read my questions.

I just bought my very first Windows phone today and so far, I'm loving it. I have a couple of quick questions which I could not find the answers to.

First of all, is there a way to turn on Bluetooth using voice? I searched, and since I could not find a "yes" answer, I assume that the answer to this is "no." This is unforturnate, since I won't want to have bluetooth on all the time (battery reasons, of course) but will need to turn it on when I get in my car. Even with the settings app pinned to the start menu, I think it would be way easier to just tell the device to turn on or off.

Second of all, I couldn't get Spotify to play in my car. I have a 2013 Ford Fiesta fully equipped with Sync. Sync played Spotify through my iPad quite nicely (there were some hiccups, but it worked) but this phone would not play Spotify through the car's speakers. I hooked up my USB, and did all the commands correctly, but the car told me that it cannot play "protected music." I searched for an answer on this too, but it seems that no one is using a USB to connect their phones, they're using bluetooth. I know I can figure this out on my own tomorrow, but does anyone know if Spotify will play through Bluetooth? If so, can I use my car's buttons to control playback? (Forward, next, volume up, etc.) I'm pretty sure that playing through Auxiliary means you have to control playback through the phone, which isn't ideal. Also, is there is quality loss when playing through bluetooth?

Thanks again for any help. Any other suggestions on how to best utilize my Windows Phone (apps, shortcuts, tips, etc.) would also be greatly appreciate!

Have a great night!

josephgerth

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
That website has a small bit of info, but not the answer I'm seeking.

Spotify should work through bluetooth, but my car is not recognizing the app, and therefore, I cannot play the music. My phone is paired with the car, and there is no sound though the phone's speakers, so technically, that sound should be transferred to the car, but as of right now, it's completely silent.

What I tried before was through the USB, which, as I previously mentioned, simply does not work.

Very disappointing indeed. Can anyone give me any more information?

josephgerth

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have found a workable, reasonable solution to my second problem (connecting with Ford Sync). I will share my solution here, so if anyone else runs into this problem they will know what to do.

I connect my phone to the car via Bluetooth and USB. Although I should be able to play music through any one of the connections only, it doesn't seem to work that way. Once connected through both means, I go to the "Line-in" option on my car's speaker system, and use the Voice-activated controls to use the phone connected to the USB. There will be no media files to play, but press "OK" on the dashboard, and another option will be to "Select Source." Press "OK" on the dash for this option, and scroll down to the "Bluetooth media" option, and press "OK" on the dash.

This allows you to play music through the car speakers. It also allows you to control your music using the controls found on the dash or, better yet, on the steering wheel itself. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a roundabout solution, which takes time to figure out and then setup, and the track information (song name, song artist) does not show up at all on the radio display. Still, it's a small sacrifice to pay to be able to listen to virtually any song ever on any and all of your trips.

I also found that the Lumia 521 is not listed under supported phones as per Ford's Sync website. I was able to read a received text message and send a reply back, however. So as of right now, I have all the features I could want. I have yet to try the navigation apps (like Nokia's "HERE") to see how that integrates with my car, but that will be a test for later.

Thanks again to anyone who took the time to read my post and offered any help or suggestions.

tucalopes

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello, did you solved this question?
If not, this is very simple: Just access Spotify on you smartphone with it paired on Sync an press any times on AUX on panel.
This is the best way to works with Windows Phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon