newb questions

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! I only used simple "dumbphones" before, so have a few questions, maybe not related particularly to Lumia 521, but to WP 8 in general.
- how do I lock the screen immediately after the call? Now I always do it with side button, but wonder if there's any gesture for it. Sometimes I just put phone in a pocket not waiting for it to lock, but it leaves me nervous.
- I currently have contacts synced with Google. My Google contacts contain IM info, but I don't see any of it neither on the phone, nor on outlook.com (which is also synced with Google). Is IM data not synced?
- this phone has A-GPS. Does it mean that it has real GPS receiver along with using data from cell stations, or it uses exclusively data from cell stations to define location? So far I haven't been in a spot with T-mobile signal completely absent, to check it.

Thanks!

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
but to WP 8 in general.

- how do I lock the screen immediately after the call? Now I always do it with side button, but wonder if there's any gesture for it. Sometimes I just put phone in a pocket not waiting for it to lock, but it leaves me nervous.

- I currently have contacts synced with Google. My Google contacts contain IM info, but I don't see any of it neither on the phone, nor on outlook.com (which is also synced with Google). Is IM data not synced?

- this phone has A-GPS. Does it mean that it has real GPS receiver along with using data from cell stations, or it uses exclusively data from cell stations to define location? So far I haven't been in a spot with T-mobile signal completely absent, to check it.

Lockscreen either hit the power button or set the timeout to 30 seconds under lockscreen settings. easier just to hit the power button to lock the screen.

Do not use google, but, IM info most likely has to be added manually.

Gps - I used gps without a signal from T-Mobile out in the country.

Welcome to Windows Phone 8

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!
> Lockscreen either hit the power button or set the timeout to 30 seconds under lockscreen settings. easier just to hit the power button to lock the screen.
Hm, Ok. I don't quite get why they haven't added a gesture for it, but Ok.

> Do not use google, but, IM info most likely has to be added manually.
I struggled to transfer my many contacts with Russian names (Cyrillic) under outlook.com. That's why I just synced to Google - it chewed Cyrillic without any problems.
But, I just created new contact straight in outlook.com and I don't see any IM fields available. So phone can probably keep in sync only those fields from Google that exist in outlook.com as well.

> Gps - I used gps without a signal from T-Mobile out in the country.
That's nice!

Damn, I also have problems with WP speech recognizing my terrible accent... :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)