call + sms blocker after gdr2 update

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
my 521 has the gdr2 update and earlier today I got an update for extras + info! After the update I got the call + sms filter! Sweet. I also noticed that after the gdr2 update theres an option under wifi where you can select whether wifi stays on or off after the phone timeouts.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Wifi feature came with gdr1 portico, but otherwise these others came with amber :)

I really like this update, now bring us Gdr3 and plz include some wp8.1 features on gdr3 :)

Jesse Alvarez

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
To Aren Clegg,

Can you please explain in detail how you got the call + sms filter on your nokia lumia 521? I just bought my new nokia lumia 521 this past Friday August 9. I ran the "phone update" under settings last Friday as well as this morning (monday) but under "extras + info" that is found in settings I can only see one page with info on the model and version of my phone. Eg. I have Nokia version 1.7.0.173. I need to urgently block a few phone numbers. Any help is appreciated.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
To Aren Clegg,

Can you please explain in detail how you got the call + sms filter on your nokia lumia 521?

It requires GDR2/Amber before you will get the call +sms blocking. Which has not been officialy released yet for the 521.

You would need to flash your phone to GDR2/Amber which has not been released OTA yet, but, you can manually flash your phone (erase all data) see

Firmware Thread for links

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, my Nokia 521 was flashed to gdr2 using Nokia care suite. After you flash it, you'll get updates for nokia apps including the extras app. Once you update that you'll get the call + SMS filter.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Soooo how do you block calls. Select Settings/call+SMS filter/ then make sure it is toggled ON. ........................Oh I just figured it out. A long touch on the offending number and the menu comes up. Never mind...........calfee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon